Because I am sober :)

Being a bartender, I never thought I would choose a sober life. I love the bar scene and I enjoy drinking. But you know what I enjoy more? Being completely in control; being sober! It’s been a week since my last drink and at first it was very hard. Don’t get me wrong, I still am fighting the urge to drink, but I find it’s becoming easier now, day by day. Especially because I watch people who are intoxicated daily. I see those drunk girls acting sloppy and crazy, the daily drinkers who need their pick me up, and those who become rude and angry when I refuse to serve them more drinks. I am so proud of myself now that I’m no longer one of those people. It’s actually helping me to see people who are the way I was when I drank. It’s an eye opener. I used to love drunk people, thought I was in good company, now most of them annoy me lol. I feel proud when someone offers to buy me a drink and I decline by saying, “No thank you, I don’t drink.” I no longer black out, because I am sober. I no longer wake up with a hangover, because I am sober. I no longer find myself being a mean drunk, because I am sober. I’m starting to love myself again. Because I am sober. :slight_smile: We can do this. We are worth it! :slight_smile:

41 Likes

Great job. Very proud of you. I’m almost at 60 days. Your doing awesome. Doesn’t it feel great to say no and wake up the next day with a clear head and not having the urge to take that next drink. There will always be challenging tests, and chances in front of you. Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

Hey Murphy! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Congrats on one week sober! And while attending a bar to boot, you are strong!! Stay strong and stay connected :relaxed:

3 Likes

What a test of strength to not only get sober while surrounded by your triggers but to find such positivity in the experience! Congratulations and keep it going!

1 Like

It feels great! Congratulations on 60 days! And thank you :smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you! It’s​ a great feeling :slight_smile:

I definitely thought it would make me want to drink more, but glad I’m seeing it differently now. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job. Keep up the good work. :smile:

1 Like

We’re in the same boat. Got my week late last night. Feels good to be focused and aware of what’s going on. Not worrying about what was said or what you did. Congrats on your week!

1 Like

This is a great post!:hugs: Congratulations @MurphyLee on your clean time. Keep up the great work.:purple_heart::pray:

1 Like

So agree @MurphyLee, a sober life is so worth It! Congrats on your one week! Keep going strong!

1 Like

We are all here for you @MurphyLee. The folks on this site are so helpful!

1 Like

WOOHOOO way to go!!!

1 Like

Very proud of you, it has to be hard working at a bar, so that is a really big step.

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! You go gal … Absolutely killing it in a ridiculously challenging environment :v:t4::rainbow::sunflower::blush:

1 Like

Taking it day by day. Thank you :slight_smile:

Much appreciated! Thanks :slight_smile: Yes, the people here are awesome!