Because I am sober :)

:slight_smile: Thanks

Definitely have my moments where it’s still hard. I often find myself wanting a beer after work, but it’s not worth it. Staying strong. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you! Means alot to have all this support! :blush:

Feels great :smile: Congratulations to you as well on one week! We got this!

Thank you! I’m trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was awesome to read !!! Keep strong !!! :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate it. Been told I have a knack for writing lol. I’ll probably be posting more often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Writing has always helped me. Sometimes I write poetry or my thoughts. Just to uncloud my mind. Def keep writing !!!

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Thank you

1 Like

Very welcome :+1:

1 Like

I LOVE this! So well written, I could feel your emotions. You’re in good company on here!!

1 Like

It’s great right?! Hats off to you for the strength to be around alcohol like that and not drink. Truly amazing!! Congrats on your week sober!

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated :relaxed:

1 Like

This Sunday will be my second sober week and I’m feeling awesome! Thank you :grin:

3 Likes

Awesome! Keep it up!! I completed day 34 and just got home from bartending all night. It keeps getting easier and I’ve noticed my tolerance increases every day. It feels so good not being those late Friday night drunk girls or the early afternoon guys after work. I just think of everything and everyone I’ve lost because of alcohol and it’s a good, sobering reminder. Tomorrow I’m going to wake up feeling on top of the world because I stayed sober!

1 Like

Exactly. It’s a wonderful feeling. Congratulations on 34 days! I love waking up feeling like an actual human being rather than a hungover zombie lol

1 Like

That is spot on Murphy. Its good that you have come this far. For me its just been two days yet but one thing i have learnt from my previous encounters is its difficult to say no everytime but it just takes one yes or urge to ruin all our hardwork. So my advice stay strong in your resolve and never say yes cuz we regret every yes later on :grin:

1 Like

Thank you. I’m staying strong. It’s hard at times but so worth it :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely

1 Like

@MurphyLee, it’s really amazing, people don’t understand if they drink how hard it is to be around them if you don’t drink. Drunks are obnoxious as hell. And sometimes when we drink other drunks are as noxious as hell as well. We do stupid things, say stupid things, I am so glad and proud, that I am clean and serene. I commend you for your strength. I have been clean and serene for one year today. I can be around some users, and some I cannot be. So are just too obnoxious! I don’t think I could work in a bar I think I’d be bald, I would pull all my hair out,more deffently get fired. Those who know me around here, know I am too free with my tongue, I speak what I think too easily, I’m known for telling the truth to fast, before I think. Someone would kill me… Anyway good job keep up the great work! Clearly you have your higher power on your side. And your head screwed on tight. I will pray with you. You should be very proud of yourself and your family even prouder :hugs::wave::purple_heart:.

2 Likes