BED sobriety

Does anyone here suffer from an eating disorder? I developed a binge eating disorder after losing 125 pounds in 10 months and I’m 2 days binge free.

6 Likes

Welcome to TS @DHUMP84! 125 pounds in 10 months is amazing! Congrats on the 2 days thus far!

1 Like

And sorry, forgot the first question… I don’t SUFFER from an eating disorder, but I do love to eat. I know not the same thing. But my bank loves it! :rofl:

1 Like

There are a good number of people here who have eating disorders. Stick around. You are in good company.

3 Likes

@DHUMP84 I have an addictive personality period, but my drugs of choice are alcohol and sugar/carbs. I am currently on naltrexone to control alcohol cravings, and then added welbutrin a couple of months ago because the combo of both those drugs helps with food cravings. As long as I take the meds, go to meetings, and everything else I know i need to do to stay sober, it will all work out. I have lost 12 lbs, but currently on day 20 being sober because I think I’m smarter than the monster within… I’m not.

2 Likes

Hello and Welcome!
If you type “Bulimia Struggles” in the search bar :mag: you will find a recent thread.
While drinking is the problem I am addressing here, I struggled with an eating disorder in the past.
Glad you are here!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

How’s it going today?

Still doing good! It’s a fight every minute of everyday, as I’m sure you know. Thanks for asking! :grin:

1 Like

I’m an alcoholic but I’ve fought bulimia for years. I still get urges. It’s those thoughts that creep in saying I’m no good and everything will be all better if I were just skinny (or too drunk to care - LOL)

2 Likes

Yes love. I have suffered from bulimia and have high BED tendencies. It’s truly awful and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. This is often why I would spend the day on barely soup…(just beer no food) so that I didn’t care about food or eat. Only to binge during a hangover or during a late night black out.
It’s absolutely heart breaking. I constantly hate my body and wish to be thinner, although I’m relatively average size. Mental health and addictions are awful. I would not wish them on my worst enemy !!
congrats on day 2

1 Like

How are you getting on sweetie?

1 Like

Yes, it is awful. I also have body dysmorphia so I still see myself 125 pounds heavier so the cycle of binging and restricting has been a nightmare and rules my everyday life.

Still doing well, I see a therapist that specializes in eating disorders on Tuesday so I’m excited about that and I’m hoping it will help overcome this horrible disorder! Thanks so much for asking! :blush:

2 Likes

Ahh that sounds fab, good for you. I had bulimia throughout my teenage years, its was an awful time and I feel your pain. Just so you know we can and do recover, my thought patterns tried to creep back in when I quit drugs and alcohol recently, but I haven’t acted on them for a very very long time. Do you have a good support system in place, family/friends you can talk to? Well done for reaching out for help, that takes huge courage and I’m super proud of you. Keep us posted how you get on Tuesday and my advice have something nice and relaxing planned for afterwards because therapy can be draining. :hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Ah yes…the barley diet. I got to my absolute skinniest living on beer and ex lax!! I looked my best but felt absolutely the worst…physically and mentally.