Beginner friends needed

Yay for 21 days!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

I really appreciate your words ! :slight_smile:

Welcome! This forum is AMAZING! I’m coming up too 2 weeks tonight!

7 Likes

Thank you! And that is amazing to hear :black_heart: :clap:t3:

1 Like

Keep it up your doing great!:grinning::+1:

3 Likes

I really needed alot of support when i was getting started in my recovery. Needed to just be around people who cared and who could help me get going along in the right direction. I still have esteem issues but like they say that they’ll love us till we learn to love ourselves. :sparkling_heart::pray:

3 Likes

I have real bad self esteem issues too . You come to a real good place that will help you along your way yo recovery !

2 Likes

I quit 5 days ago. I’m 39 and been drinking for almost 20 years. This is not fun but I know it will pay off. Keep in touch.

4 Likes

Yes most definitely and you keep in touch as well. Let’s encourage each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

This place is like family,

As time goes on you find people you connect with more than others, and it’s truly amazing, I have people from here I talk to everyday. And others that will blow up my phone if I go rogue for too long, come on in grab a chair sit down enjoy the stay before you know it you have more connections than you expected

3 Likes

Day 1 here

6 Likes

I love that and I want that as well. I have already made some really great connections and it’s only been 3 days. :black_heart: Without this community I think I would have already gone back.

Hi Carrie! I’m glad you’re here :slight_smile: day 3 for me. We just gotta take one day at a time. And if not that than one hour at a time :black_heart:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome! :wave:t2:

2 Likes

Hi! :relaxed: Thank you, I’m happy to be here

That’s good to hear! How’s day 3 going?

1 Like

It is going pretty good so far. I have my sister coming over for dinner and we normally have drinks… I did tell her I have been going strong for 3 days and I’m just a little worried about not sticking to my guns. I know everyone has faced this but this will be my first time really

2 Likes

Telling people was one of my most important tools in getting sober. As long as I didn’t tell anyone, I could basically keep on doing my shit. I hope your sister will support you, and you guys enjoy a nice sober evening. Protect that early sobriety like a little weak baby!

2 Likes

Exactly! That’s how I feel as well. Once I have put it out there it’s like I can’t go back. She has been really supportive I just know I will be thinking about what we would normally do. But I guess this will be my first test. :crossed_fingers:t3:

If she’s supportive that’s already a huge help. Play the tape forward, where would drinking take you to? Every time you manage to resist the temptation, it will make you stronger and it will get easier. Those first weeks are the worst. Stay strong tonigh! Don’t see it as a punishment, but as a gift! Life without booze is so much nicer! :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like