Beginning of my journey

25 years of cocaine and alcohol abuse and now the fun has gone. Destroying my life in so many ways and I let it. I have to except drinking is a problem too leading onto coje but i dont necessarily need drink to want it. Truth is i fuckin hate it

10 Likes

Welcomevto the community. Being active here will help!

1 Like

Welcome Glyn, you’re in the right place. Stick around and read up on people’s experiences. Keep an open mind and take it one day at a time. You’ll get there if you push yourself and you don’t give up.

1 Like

I’m sitting here un certain if my wifes going to leave me all because of that shit. Why have i let it get so bad. I hope she can understand i need her more than ever

1 Like

Welcome to the community. You can do this.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

Thanks twizzle. I really hope this time around i do this. I’m lucky if i can go 2 days right now

2 Likes

Welcome Gavin. My DOC (Drug of choice) was crack cocaine and i hear u when u say that it destroys everything. I hated it for years and couldnt undersrand why will power wasnt enough for me to quit. But this forum has been huge for me and i hope it will be for u too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t worry about Tomorrow, just focus on today. What are you doing today to stay clean? I substituted meetings and other activities for my DOC.
You can do this! Let me add, with or without your partner, it can be done.
Keep checking this site for more support. :unicorn:

2 Likes

Yeah i know exactly what you mean. I started cocaine by 16yr old using regularly then started to smoke it for the next 10+ yr from 18. That time of my life i lost it all, homeless and just wanted to pipe. Haven’t had that it quite some years now but the thought of it scares tge shit out me. Now im using coke heavily again and its effecting me in the same way mentally as that did. My hope is at somepoint I’ll fear that too

3 Likes

Welcome :blush: Cocaine took everything from me and left me with nothing, plus all of the pain I was using it to escape from. I can hear in your post that itnis doing the samd to you. Reading lots here and cutting off using friendships has been what has worked for me. Just don’t lose hope or stop trying.

:blue_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Knighty82, it’s now all about how much you want it. The wife might leave, mine did, and she had every right to. I couldn’t do it alone pal. I went to AA and NA, like you, drink led to coke and vice versa. It took everything from me.

I left my ego and my pride at the front door and became teachable. I sat down, read and listened. That was nearly 5 years ago and I haven’t looked back. One day at a time.

I wish you all the luck in the world pal and always here for a chat. You can do this :muscle::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Cheers Nick! Problem i have; everyone has a problem with me doing it yet they make dealers phone me to plant the sead in the hope i do it and fuck my relationship up. Its a really strange position i find myself in cause before id think fuck it I’m doing it to take the piss but now i dont want the gear but find myself doing it. Im on day 2 now had a slight thought not long ago but got a bag of weed and 4 beers instead. Dont feel like ive failed with getting beer but the coke has to stop. Half a gram now completely fucks my head up and behave like a nutter cause of all my problems in the back ground. Sober wont change my problems but will give me a better life and my Mrs. What really hurt recently she said i come home from work and feel alone cause im skatty like fuck. The feel of shame is an understatement but when i get the coke its me saying fuck you all (not mrs) such a complex issue. Never thought online stuff would help but ive no choice and it feels like it could. I went to recently drug centre and without me saying anything everyone knows. If my life was private id go all the meetings but its not and now im hoping this can help

Welcome onboard!!!