Being sober is not amazing

I panicked in my day 9 also. That day 10 is so tempting though and giving in is totally not worth it. You can do this.
A lot of us didn’t get it on our first try, hell, I’ve been fighting this feeling you described perfectly for close to 6 years and where has it gotten me. Right back angry at myself because my disease talked me into giving in once again.

You mentioned you know you feel that alcohol demon in your head, and he’s telling you all of this hot garbage tonight to get you to crumble. Trust me, if you starve him, he will DIE. I can promise that. Let him die. You’re worth it.

Ndlg92

You are on the right path. Many people question sobriety when they have cravings & are missing the life they had when they were not sober. It’s all fun & laughs until you hurt yourself and those that care about you. Peer pressure is real & some people maybe telling you don’t stop drinking because they don’t want to lose their drinking partner. Don’t fall for the tricks, stay sober! Go for a walk, read , watch a movie or catch up on a tv show. You will find your way…just believe the answer in NOT in alcohol.

Its a bit strange how much we all are different and same at the same time :slight_smile: For me was different, when I was trying to quit for somebody else I always ended up drinking again, this time I do for myself and its way easier :slight_smile:

I’m on day 28. I actually didnt expect sobriety to be happy go lucky, but what I’m over the moon about is the fact that: my mind is clearer, Im not dehydrated, I sleep well, I dont sweat at night, I dont have pounding headaches and I dont feel shame about my drunken posts from the night before. Because there are none! And I remember everything I say and do. No blurry mind.
For me, all of the above is worth to stick with sobriety. Forever!
I also get anxious if I think I cannot drink ever again so I just take it one day at a time and I decide everyday to not have a drink that day. It’s easier.
And this is the longest I have been sober in the last 9 years.
Also, I am doing it just because of me. Because I want to be healthy and present. For myself. My son. And for everyone I care about.
You can do it, too.

3 Likes

I think I’m there now. All of my friends drink/use drugs to "chill out " and just found out that my friend and I have the same key worker and went out drinking last month and got some coke to share. She said they really had a fun night together. So now I’m thinking what’s the point in staying sober. :frowning:

Hey chill out! Love yourself! You are kicking ass! We were all there at day 9. It will keep getting better slowly but nothing good comes easy. If it did there would be no addiction in this world.

Don’t be so hard on you. Love yourself deeply and let go of all the fear and resentments you hold so dearly.

They come from the diseased part of your mind that is trying to kill you, no joke.

Instead of saying today I feel like shit manifest what you want today.

Today I feel AMAZING! Fake it till you make it the good times will come dont you worry. That is all just stemming from the dopamine abuse you did to your frontal lobe.

You pleasure sensors will come back when you normalize the chemistry in your body. What woiuld you expect yoyr system to do after all that abuse?

The human body is a temple and it will do the impossible. In the meantime stay out of yoyr thinking it is totally broken and lies to you at every turn to get you to relapse.

That is what we are up against and it is F@$#ing amazing you just can’t see it right now.

Let it slowly drift in. I promise you that there will be a sign today that you are exactly where you should be and finally on the path your inner spirit craves if you just only seek the sign it will reveal itself!

Good luck! We love you!

3 Likes

Yes, that feeling sucks and I even though I wrote this 42 days ago I remember it perfectly. Right now I’m finally feeling a little bit better, I haven’t had a drink, NOT ONE. I’m not gonna lie and say that I’m experiencing that sober high but I do feel A LOT better than before. For anyone who feels like when I wrote this post, I’m just here to say that it’s worth it and YES people will try to talk you out of their sobriety but it’s our job to keep strong if we want to build our bodies and mind back again. I’m starting to see that life can actually be pretty amazing without alcohol and it feels good to feel like i´m no longer a prisoner.

4 Likes

I feel you I’m a 138 days off meth and I’m so bored lol. But things are much better every other aspect of my life. I’m just so bored. I don’t go out anymore or have many friends at this point because I’m changing the environment I want to be in so it’s totally different people. I don’t have much advice I just think keep going and one day you will forget about drinking and you will realise you are actually having fun.

3 Likes

really love hearing this update from you. super encouraging. keep at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Being sober is not amazing… So being hungover is? Just sayin’.

It’s not amazing… it’s a fucking miracle!

Your a fucking miracle.

Seriously, buy the t-shirt and go to some meetings.

The promises are waiting for you there!

I would rather be bored out of my mind than hung over ever again.

2 Likes

If it comes down to it…

You can be Miserable and:

Sober at a meeting and thinking about drinking?

or Miserable and:

Drunk anywhere thinking about sobriety?

1 Like

Well said !!

1 Like

I’m on day two again, I also did 30 days b4 I got too big for my boots and about the same b4 that. I felt like such a loser yesterday, a failure again! and with the support of people on here and reading all their posts I realise we are not losers that are here trying. We are the winners. Life is not a race, you don’t come first at the finish . Each time we keep going we are moving forward and we getting stronger, we become match fit :slight_smile: . I am now not focusing on the finish I am here for the long game. I’m here for every moment and this one is a good one. . Good luck to you my friend x

3 Likes