the benefits to me are…

-no more hangovers
-not embarrassing loved ones
-saving money and using it for other things instead of poison
-setting a good example for your kids
-being present for family and friends
-not being an asshole
-facing each day head on and not hiding behind booze

there’s more but I think you get the picture.

having 263 days sober I can tell you it really does get better. Good luck on your journey. Remember, you are not alone and we ALL got your back!

10 Likes

Tell me some.

1 Like

Thanks. I need some motivation and information from sober people.

Just go to YouTube and type in recovery stories. My life has gotten so much better dude, like I can’t fake it. Some days fricken just really suck, but like I’ve said. My days in addiction consisted of me buying a 18 rack, coming home and getting completely hammered and not leaving my house, or sitting at my friends in a chair getting drunk. Spending 600 a night on coke sometimes, ruining things with my ex who I loved to hell, and several other girls after her, being a shitty father and never waking up. To now I wake up everyday, sometimes still in a bad mood, hop in a cold shower, go to work sober, take my vitamins, exercise everyday, being a good father now, saving money, just working on myself and finding out who I am and not suppressing life with alcohol. It gets good man keep pushing forward

5 Likes

Freedom of being under control of something that was negatively impacting your life. Each day brings hope and a new sense of being and purpose. Keep going and just keep remembering why you began this journey. :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

Clear mind, confidence, energy, you look better, weight stabilizes, your wallet thanks you, self respect… Just to name a few :ok_hand:

3 Likes

For me it is definitelly Being present and able handle my own life. I became to know myself better and I am still finding out new skills I have and I had no idea about them.
Being sober is awesome. Everything gives a sense and real life is something very different to what I used to “live” drunk.
And it is very nice to feel my feelings :heart:

3 Likes

Your words are gold! Wish you all the best!
I am on day 114 myself. I agree with everything you just said!

1 Like

I’ve definitely have struggled with the benefits because something’s that werent bad before I started this journey are now bad. My biggest reasons are setting a good example for my son, being present for life not just attending physically, and not having a 5.oclock limitation on life cause once I was drinking I was stuck for example,now if my son wants to go get snow cones at 7 at night I can actually take him to do that.

2 Likes

That’s good. Nice.

Congratulations.

Thanks. :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Thanks. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Ok ok I will.

1 Like

785 everyone is different but for me since I am just getting use to sober life is more money in my pocket, more energy when you wake up in the morning and better sleep. What I mean by better sleep is my body and mind are tired at a regular time not 3 or 4 in the morning, and I get more sleep that way. I spent 20 something years just drinking my ass off, for what you might ask don’t know can’t even answer that question lol. Stay safe and sober.

3 Likes

For me it is no longer hating myself, having good times with my family again, being able to enjoy the little things and I am physically way stronger

2 Likes

Clear head and no hangovers and flexibility. By Flexibility I mean when things get planned and plans change it ok. “Man plans God Laughs.” I always hated when plans changed. (Insert drink of choice) In my life plans chang constantly. I’ve learned to be flexible and I can change along with the plans.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Well said! Reading your post again, I pick up the individual words that reflect your reasons for getting sober and maintaining your sobriety. These words will have positive impact on others!
Journey
Freedom
Impact
Hope
New purpose
Sense of Being
Remember why you began!
We all need reasons to maintain our sober life!

3 Likes