the benefits to me are…

-no more hangovers
-not embarrassing loved ones
-saving money and using it for other things instead of poison
-setting a good example for your kids
-being present for family and friends
-not being an asshole
-facing each day head on and not hiding behind booze

there’s more but I think you get the picture.

having 263 days sober I can tell you it really does get better. Good luck on your journey. Remember, you are not alone and we ALL got your back!

10 Likes

Tell me some.

1 Like

Thanks. I need some motivation and information from sober people.

Just go to YouTube and type in recovery stories. My life has gotten so much better dude, like I can’t fake it. Some days fricken just really suck, but like I’ve said. My days in addiction consisted of me buying a 18 rack, coming home and getting completely hammered and not leaving my house, or sitting at my friends in a chair getting drunk. Spending 600 a night on coke sometimes, ruining things with my ex who I loved to hell, and several other girls after her, being a shitty father and never waking up. To now I wake up everyday, sometimes still in a bad mood, hop in a cold shower, go to work sober, take my vitamins, exercise everyday, being a good father now, saving money, just working on myself and finding out who I am and not suppressing life with alcohol. It gets good man keep pushing forward

5 Likes

Freedom of being under control of something that was negatively impacting your life. Each day brings hope and a new sense of being and purpose. Keep going and just keep remembering why you began this journey. :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

My wife still doesn’t hate me. And I stopped hating me.

4 Likes

Clear mind, confidence, energy, you look better, weight stabilizes, your wallet thanks you, self respect… Just to name a few :ok_hand:

3 Likes

For me it is definitelly Being present and able handle my own life. I became to know myself better and I am still finding out new skills I have and I had no idea about them.
Being sober is awesome. Everything gives a sense and real life is something very different to what I used to “live” drunk.
And it is very nice to feel my feelings :heart:

3 Likes

Your words are gold! Wish you all the best!
I am on day 114 myself. I agree with everything you just said!

1 Like

I’ve definitely have struggled with the benefits because something’s that werent bad before I started this journey are now bad. My biggest reasons are setting a good example for my son, being present for life not just attending physically, and not having a 5.oclock limitation on life cause once I was drinking I was stuck for example,now if my son wants to go get snow cones at 7 at night I can actually take him to do that.

2 Likes

That’s good. Nice.

Congratulations.

Thanks. :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Thanks. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Ok ok I will.

1 Like

785 everyone is different but for me since I am just getting use to sober life is more money in my pocket, more energy when you wake up in the morning and better sleep. What I mean by better sleep is my body and mind are tired at a regular time not 3 or 4 in the morning, and I get more sleep that way. I spent 20 something years just drinking my ass off, for what you might ask don’t know can’t even answer that question lol. Stay safe and sober.

3 Likes

For me it is no longer hating myself, having good times with my family again, being able to enjoy the little things and I am physically way stronger

2 Likes

Clear head and no hangovers and flexibility. By Flexibility I mean when things get planned and plans change it ok. “Man plans God Laughs.” I always hated when plans changed. (Insert drink of choice) In my life plans chang constantly. I’ve learned to be flexible and I can change along with the plans.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes