Best part of being Dad

Those are the kind of memories that stick with kids. It’s not big flashy presents or anything like that. It’s dad helping to build a bridge of rocks, so you can push a stump over in the lake.

I remember the beginnings of my addiction, someone had found out about my masturbation problem. Probably like 8 or 9 years old. My dad sat down with me. I was terrified and scared. He just talked calm with me and showed me that he cared. It spoke more to me than if he’d yelled and raged.

1 Like

Thanks, I just got a haircut! :rofl:

Another date tonight, with Elliott. Finished out his Chore Chart! Good boy! Just waiting on Collin… still three stickers away.

That cake was garbage… but, that’s what he wanted!

1 Like

Collin just did a 20 question with us that ended up being like 100 questions. We gave up. He seemed so excited about the answer. It turned out to be that his teeth make a Bat shape when he smiles.

How are we supposed to guess that?! These kids drive me crazy.

2 Likes

Great idea for a thread!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s more of a journal than a discussion, but I’m always open to commentary and questions.

1 Like

I’d follow that. Derek had his Real Derek of Syracuse blog/forum, and that’s always fun to follow.

Well let’s see. Give me a list of 10 things that you like and I’ll give you a list of some great blog titles.

Well, let’s see. Let’s start with a simple title. Something like:
Jessi’s Modern Life
Jessi’s Recovery Blog
or something like that.

Then the good part, the subtitle. Something like:
Sand, Snow, and a Touch of Magic
Books, Bums, Hand Grenades
Under a Tree, Front of a Screen, Out on the Beach
Plus my Friends, Hagrid, Han and Hulk
Something like that…

Then mash them together, example: Jessi’s Modern Life: Books, Bums, Hand Grenades

1 Like

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Putting kids to bed and dealing with them screaming and not going to sleep for the next hour is time consuming.

Awesome thread man! My sons name is Elliott too and hearing him spell it out loud at 4 is amazing. Being a father is why and what makes the fight worth fighting.

1 Like

Love it! He must be really awesome to have such an awesome name!

1 Like

Anything. Pictures you and your husband took during a date, write about the snarky remark the lady in front of you made at the grocery store, tell us about your recovery, tell us about what you’re currently interested in. It’s your blog, blog it, dreamer!

1 Like

I’d read that still. Angry, sarcastic writers make the best blogs! It can be about your quitting smoking, health goals, stuff like that.

Well, this will be on the forum, so people will be commenting and fueling your desire to keep posting.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: it’s meant for you then! Looking forward to your first post! I’ll be there!

Funny part of the day.

Collin is a pretty self-conscious kid. Doesn’t think he has any friends and thinks his teacher literally hates him. Anyway, when we go to school kids from his class are always coming up to him saying hi. This clip from Meet the Robinsons describes him perfectly.

1 Like

Waiting in bed… kids would be disappointed if I woke up before breakfast was ready. They want to bring it to me in bed.

2 Likes

Breakfast!

1 Like

I love this thread and seeing all of the happy, smiling little munchkin photos. :heart::heart:

1 Like