Best part of being Dad

That’s heartbreaking, but it’s ending soon. You’re done with that life and your family will have the Dad they deserve, not the one they ended up with. I’m the same. It may have never turned to violence and arrest, but I’ve hurt my wife emotionally to the point where repairing our relationship is going to take a long time. When I used, I had a short fuse as well and my kids were the ones who got the worst of it. No beatings, just lots of yelling and crying. I feel really bad about it. I want my boys to grow up in a house where they know that they are loved and protected. That’s the father I want to be. Like you said though, work in progress.

2 Likes

None of us are perfect but we as long as we are making progress we are winning.

2 Likes

Name him English

Love his name :+1:t3:

1 Like

I thought you had one son, Bennett (explains my previous comment) Then. I. Kept. Scrolling!! WOW!! Congratulations on #5! :flushed::smile::+1:t3: Hope your wife is resting well & everyone’s happy & healthy. We have one son…Brady’s a nice name :wink:

2 Likes

Lol! Yeah, boy #5. It’s busy in my house.

@Englishd haha! I’ll think about it.

2 Likes

Children are wonderful. I am single but my brother has six children and I love them. I love holidays with them and playing all the time. It is a good reason for being sober. Thank you Lord for all the children and their parents!!!

1 Like

This reminds me of my brothers lol they too like to roughhouse

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this beautiful picture. Congratulations for the new born!!!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! He’s beautiful.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! :rose:

1 Like

Are you going to make your kids wear name tags so you can remember them all?

4 Likes

You’ve no idea. I have gone through all my kids’ names, plus their friends’ names before I got it right!

2 Likes

man thats rough. with all my jackwagonery its amazing I still have my son and wife. I couldn’t imagine going through everything I went through getting clean without him. its like when I was face down in the dirt and thought I wasn’t going to make it here he would come saying daddy daddy lets do this or that, and like a champ I was right back on my feet and back in the fight.

1 Like

It’s never easy but I cherish every moment I get blessed to see them and talk to them. Dunno what would have happened if it hadn’t gone down like it did but it did so I’m making the most of it.

4 hours a week is not enough but soon they’ll be back and for that I am grateful.

2 Likes

thats great. when I disappeared recently I just about took a trip to the mental hospital. my situation took a lot out of me. and being bipolar didnt make things any easier on anyone. I’m terrified that he has seen my behavior and thinks its ok to lash out like that. I try to tell him that wasn’t the right thing to do but he wants to act like I did when he gets mad and I dont know what to do about it. he can scream and throw punches at me thats one thing what happens when he does it at school. I dont know. he was going to be the one thing I didnt screw up but it seems like I failed on that.

1 Like

You can only do the right thing right now. Set that example now, the past is written but the future is unknown.

We have to take parenting classes/sessions. They can be awfully boring but there’s also good techniques about how go about it the right way.

How old is he?

he’s 6. he will be 7 in december

Still young. Do not fear the worst. Set the example, use the nurturing touch, allow him to formulate his own rules and punishments for said rules (with your guidance and a few rules of your own). When explaining things, get down on his level so you’re not looking down on him and he’s not looking up at you. Don’t be afraid to admit your faults and take responsibility for your prior offenses.

Good consistent rules that apply to him and to you/mom are very helpful. Can’t scold him for eating in the living room if you yourself do it type of thing.

1 Like

very true I just hold him and tell him its ok to be mad and cry he just cant lash out like that. its not healthy.

3 Likes