Best tricks

I’ll scratch yours if you scratch mine :wink:

3 Likes

I would drink one of the NA beers that she ‘approved’ to hopefully hide the smell of the regular beers I kept hidden

Ouch. NA beer is priced higher than regular beer in the U.K.- sad really

2 Likes

Drinking NA beer was always like pissing into the wind to me lol

1 Like

I was a restaurant manager in a hotel. Stopped at the same liquor store every night. I still had my name tag/uniform on and the clerk asked ‘How many in the party tonight’? To which I said, ‘excuse me?’ To which she said, ‘You buy alcohol for the hotel here, right? Just wondered what the party was for’ :flushed::grimacing: Yesh :sweat: And that’s when I started varying my liquor stores :woman_facepalming:t3:

8 Likes

My Circle K knew me as well. I stopped in for 5th of Rare Reserve nightly.

He probably misses me lol.

1 time I got off hella late, only had like 20 minutes to get to walmart to grab a handle. I must’ve looked terrible with it hustling to the checkout because an old guy said to me “you don’t need that young man” as he passed by me.

4 Likes

HAhaha ikr!? I have no idea what she was thinking, but I still wanted to sink through the floor with embarrassment :see_no_evil: …and I remember sitting on an upsidedown crate ‘counting’ bottles/pours at the end of big parties…I was not a good person to be put in that room :drooling_face:

1 Like

I’m sure his wife passed me too a couple of times thinking the same thing, lol But oh wouldn’t he proud of you now :+1:t3::smile::hugs:

1 Like

Walmart sells whiskey? Is it in the aisle next to the ak-47s?

1 Like

I’m renaming Arizona to West Florida

Lived off the 12+1 rule as a beverage manager. Until they changed the law and had to charge you $1 for the freebies. That’s when I had to have a sit-down with my GM and comptroller about my inventory.

1 Like

Yup thinking they didn’t suspect :joy:

2 Likes

In addition to the fuckton i had that bar every night, I always made sure my supply at home was “ensured.” Only one liquor store carried my “sipping” drink of choice at the time, so that was the one I always went to, usually on late Saturday or Sunday afternoons (bought enough for the week) before going to check in on a bartender friend of mine (who i later learned is in the rooms).

God knows what the clerks thought. How many handles? How many cases? There was always the one random liquor too that got thrown in for good measure. Oh and don’t forget the wine in the event that company happened to stop by. Riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttt.

2 Likes

Haha, my beer guy missed me. I went in a few months ago after getting sober before my girlfriend did and bought her wine. He was like, where have you been? It’s been a while since you’ve been in. I giggled and told him I quit drinking lol. They aren’t used to that turns out…the kid gave me a confused look like he wasnt sure if he should say he was sorry or congratulations!

5 Likes

I always kept box wine in the refrigerator - and in the crawl space in the attic. I’d wait until everyone was asleep and switch out the boxes, then walk up the street to a neighbor’s recycling bin. Toward the end, there were always mini bottles of vodka in my purse - to be chugged in many bathrooms - before and after I drank more wine than everyone else.

3 Likes

(Setting aside guinness)

The cans of non-GMO, no corn syrup, organic (had to be worried about what garbage you put in your temple), alcoholic lime flavored seltzers (hydration yo! ) spiked with vodka or black rum. I mean what else would you “sip” on in between rounds of chugging liquor?

2 Likes

Damned blue laws! We couldn’t buy booze before noon on Sunday here except for a few places. Used to drive me nuts

2 Likes

Thanks to brunch that law isn’t on the books anymore. I have done the stumble around Meijer waiting until 7 am on a few Sunday.

1 Like

I used to buy from different liquor stores on a regular basis. Buy 18 packs of beer almost daily. Problem was, being so eco-friendly, I’d recycle all the bottles.
I’d vary my recycling route as well :thinking:
Feels sooooo freaking good to share this bizarre BS!!
Houston, we have a problem LOL!!

1 Like

A guy told me that he hid his alcohol in a gas container he had in the garage. This way his wife would never find it. Someone saw him drinking out of it and called the police thinking he was trying to kill himself by drinking gas and lighting himself on fire lol. Needless to say his wife found out where he was hiding it

3 Likes