Beyond exhausted

Is this a part of the process? All I want to do is sleep. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Yes! Your body wants to get better. Water, vitamins, food, and sleep!

2 Likes

Thank you…Makes sense I guess. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

1 Like

Yes, it’s definitely normal. I did it too, still do on occasion. The reasons vary from body needing rest to less stressed for first time in a while to depression. After all you are experiencing a substantial loss in your life. You will eventually adjust to all the changes you will experience.

3 Likes

I thought that part would never end. I thought that was just my new life and started becoming bitter and depressed but thanks to God that ended. I still go to bed earlier than normal and feel exhausted by bedtime but nothing like what it was. Hang in there you’ll be surprised at the energy that’ll come back.

2 Likes

Yes it is. Drink lots of water, eat healthy food, take some vitamins, and listen to your body. Sleep sleep sleep :sleeping: It will pass eventually, after you care for your recovering body for awhile :innocent:

3 Likes

Oh yeah absolutely the first couple of days all I wanted to do lol. Then it went to I couldn’t sleep at night, in those times it can feel pretty disappointing but it gets better. Proud of you:) like everyone else has said, vitamins, water, sleep and deff don’t be afraid to eat them sweets they will help and eventually you’ll get back to the normal diet. I had cake on deck because I would wake up every night around 2 and crave sweets so cake it was with a big old fat glass of milk
And no shame bc I wasn’t hung over :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Makes sense!!! I’m starving all the time. I eat really healthy, but I have some starburst jellybeans on deck :heart_eyes::blush::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Matt!!! I couldn’t agree more :blue_heart::blush::sunny:

1 Like

Yes!! Your body is healing and that takes rest. :heart:

I also find sweets helpful. It’s interesting, lots of us here have a sweet tooth in sobriety. I figure it’s ok because like Mike said we’re still sober!

2 Likes