Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

I started my college career at the University of Wyoming. We were rivals back then. I think we tore down the goalpost when we beat you in 2003 or 2004. You guys normally stomped us so it was a big deal.

I must have missed the question with all the additional content! Sorry! We are less excited about this one. I feel guilty about that, but I’m still excited. My wife and I make pretty good looking kids, so how bad could this one be?

1 Like

Haha! I’m totally fine with that. Don’t even follow sports.

The next will probably be the same!

So, your circumstances with your pregnancy aren’t ideal? I guess I missed the thread where you went through it.

Oh man. I’m so sorry! Sometimes life just falls apart around you. I think that the mistakes we make end up turning out for our good. This baby might be the greatest thing to ever happen to you. I don’t know.

Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

1 Like

This is not a Bible verse but I even loved it when I was not convinced of God back then:

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You’d walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”

:green_heart:

2 Likes

Footsteps is a great poem! Used to have a bookmark with it on it.

2 Likes

@Kakimime1 here it is. You can read through and find what speaks to you

Thanks😔
You’re nice.

You’re welcome;I try

1 Like

Thank you :gift_heart:

1 Like

I Corinthians 10:13 basically there is nothing new. Someone has faced what you are facing now. With faith God will show you a way out.

1 Like

Scripture taken from the Book of Mormon.
2 Nephi 1:13 O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea, even from the sleep of hell, and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound, which are the chains which bind the children of men, that they are carried away captive down to the eternal gulf of misery and woe.

So I’m a Mormon struggling with an eating disorder, and this is from some of the MOrmon scriptures (which basically say to eat a wholesome diet and avoid drugs and alcohol):
“And all…who remember to keep and do these sayings…shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.”
I love the belief that if we can give up addictive things, we can have all this!!

1 Like

D&C 89! Wonderful scripture!

A scripture from the Book of Mormon that applies well to us addicts.

2 Nephi 26:22
And there are also secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of all these things; yea, the founder of murder, and works of darkness; yea, and he leadeth them by the neck with a flaxen cord, until he bindeth them with his strong cords forever.

1 Like

Another reading today from the Book of Mormon, I thought applied to us well. 2 Nephi 28:21-22

21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.
22 And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.

3 Likes

My favourite.