Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Yay!!! Praise the Lord!!! Amen!!!:smiley:

Psalm 121King James Version (KJV)

121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

King James Version (KJV)

3 Likes

Those indeed are words of wisdomā€¦Praise the Lord!!!

I donā€™t mean this in a rude way, but Iā€™m getting an image of you guys shouting ā€œpraise the Lordā€ in a way weā€™d see on an American Religious documentary here in the UK.

1 Like

@NewPerspectiveā€¦itā€™s okay to askā€¦I always like saying it when I think and consider how God is faithful towards me despite the stuff that may be around and what I am going throughā€¦when I say it, itā€™s like I feel so wonderful cause I just realised Godā€™s greatness in scripture and in my life and it helps me feel that I am professing positivity and transformation in my life. I realise Godā€™s greatness so much and so I praise Him. I get by in this way, when I recognise it. I just have to do itā€¦:smiley::grin:

1 Like

I like it, UK/Ireland church systems are quite regimented, it can zapp the fun and interest out of faith for people. I say that with very limited experience but would say itā€™s societies view as Church attendance figures are at all time lows.

Yes, I hear you. I actually grew up in a Church system that never really did that. Iā€™m Adventist and the system, depending on where you go, is regiment just as you have experienced. However, Iā€™ve had my own personal experience with God and I have also been with a couple of Pentecostalā€™s hence I have learnt this way of doing things. Itā€™s wonderful. Even so, I still do love the conservative nature upheld by my Church system. I however think it is wonderful to freely express gratitude towards His, as He leads youā€¦:laughing:Itā€™s sad to note that thereā€™s a low time Church attendance in many placesā€¦even so, we can be salt and light wherever we areā€¦people will be drawn by Godā€™s power working in our lives and transforming us. It will be seen in our characterā€¦we will be just like Jesusā€¦I truly yearn to be this way everydayā€¦:smiley:

1 Like

You do my friend :grinning:

I might go to Church tomorrow, I go to Catholic Church if I go as thatā€™s how I was raised so itā€™s more of a comfort thing. I donā€™t agree with all of the doctrine though, but itā€™s a good time out.

I read this sitting in a jail cell in 2010. My husband had passed on 5/7/09 and I was a mess. I was already in active addiction but when he died so did part of me. I was inconsolable and went crazy. I lost everything. I was sitting on my bunk and everyone else in my pod was asleep. Something told me to pick up my bible. I just prayed that I would open it and see some sort of sign. This is exactly the passage I opened it up and saw. It affected me profoundly.

6 Likes

So true, Iā€™m not annoyed if people donā€™t like it, but to argue against it publicly and ruthlessly may make someone who needs help decide against trying and it might be the very thing that saves their life.

I donā€™t think he was actually trying to dissuade people from AA, I think he knew it would trigger a reactionā€¦ He seems like a deeply broken person who revels in turmoilā€¦ The things he was saying to me had nothing to do with God whatsoever, vulgar beyond beliefā€¦ He should be pitied really.
To feel the need to come to a place like this and cause mayhem, could you imagine what his life is like?

2 Likes

He actually fasted for that period and Satan tempted Jesus after that,when He was at his weakest. I find it encouraging because Iā€™ve felt pretty weak with this battle at times. And what did Jesus use in order not to succumb? He used the Word of God. So this discussion is great for us because we can use the word of God when weā€™re feeling low,to help us not give into the temptations

2 Likes

Heā€™s a great motivational speaker. Iā€™ll give him that. But the first time I heard him speaking about something un biblical,as if it was in the Bible,I just had to say goodbye.

Just came across this this morning. Funny how I read this in a completely new light now.

4 Likes

make most of life because we dont know whats round the corner and if its for you it wont go bye you my gran used to say that to us she read the bible aswell

What ever you believe they are wise words and a good guide to live your life so keep reading the posts from @anon53189373.

I am agnostic but I read various religious books often enough, I got a lovely leather bound Bible as a gift from my best friend, it was his motherā€™s and he never read it so said I could have it which I thought was nice. Iā€™m not certain of anything but I am spiritual and have faith that thereā€™s something bigger which we can connect with. I have posted the quote below before but posting it again as it resonated with me.

The first paragraph of the book of Psalms. I found it very true:

ā€œHappy the man who follows not the counsel of the wicked, nor walks in the way of sinners, nor sits in the company of the insolent,
But delights in the law of the LORD and meditates on his law day and night.
He is like a tree planted near running water, that yields itā€™s fruits in due season, and whose leaves never fade. Whatever he does, prospers.ā€

4 Likes

Thank you for scripture, God is who saved me and continues to do so. Keep it up!

He reached down from heaven and rescued me,
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
From those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, But the Lord supported me.
He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me.
Psalm 18:16-19

2 Likes

I feel like I needed this right thank you!!!

Read that article. It says it all

1 Like