Big fight with bipolar hubby...i want a drink!

Im bipolar, so is he. He doesn’t drink. I’m hitting 7 days tonight. We’ve been doing very well for quite a while, and we just had a MAJOR explosion over cat puke😡!
I’m inn my girl cave, shaking while it’s taking every fiber of my being not to go into the living room where he now sits calmly… cause of course he’s over it😬… doing sudoku… and not chucking everything I can get my hands oon at him, then head down town for a bottle of whisky!
This is SO STUPID!!
Ben detoxing all week… feeling absolutely shitty… and I’m supposed to pluck up all the supplements to help me detox and repair muy body, at the post office today. But if I leave now I know I’ll cave…ugh! I gotta get the mail before he does although I’ve NEVER done this before, if he dings out right now when work is slow what I just spent on supplements, he’ll have a canary! I can’t blame for that because im one of those who too many times, life long pattern, starts something all full steam ahead, only to lose steam a little down the road.
Actually…I’m amazed how typing this out on my little smart phone ous having a calming effect. This app and Forum has been amazingly helpful. I have to say, I’m really surprised.

3 Likes

Autocorrect hates me

OMG!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
I seriously cannot breathe I’m laughing so hard about the soduko thing​:joy::joy:.
He also has OCD…so it literally would make him nuts!:joy::joy::joy:.
As for everything you just said I believe that is what I’ll do once I finish my tea. Just got very similar advice from my brother whose also in recovery, a little further along than me. Men, I think, are so fortunate to be generally less emotional and quicker to rely on logic to get through crisis. It’s just how we are wired differently, but it’s times like these I really appreciate it😉.
Thank you!!

1 Like

Well, made it to town and back without getting the whiskey. It was hard as HELL driving by but I did it.
My packages weren’t in at the post office which didn’t help my mood. And I picked up my lab results from the hospital that show my kidney function is off?
I love in a semi rural part of Maine and “going out” to the store is a pain in the ass. Not a quick trip! My husband is a good man and I love him but at the moment I hate him, so I guess I’m glad it’s too much of a challenge to go back up town tonight cause I’m already rationalizing. Another plus? It just started sleeting icy crap again and I live 1/2 mile “down” a dirt road. I can get out if I have to. Ben plowing snow for over 30 years… but right now I just don’t have the energy. Hiding in my girl cave…WITHOUT alcohol🙁

1 Like

You needd to be good to yourself as you detox and change your life. Letting your man know how difficult it is might help. Sometimes picking up cat poo is the best way to show you care. About yourself, your cat, your family, your SOBER life free from crap, literally.

1 Like

Well…I made it into bed but I’m gripping the bed post .Had to give in to an Ativan. Valerian drops and Chamomile tea wasnt enough to stop the anxiety and trembling. Honestly the Ativan hadn’t done anything yet either. But I’m home.

You’re awesome! :joy_cat:

1 Like