Biggest trigger happening tonight!

So, my husband is leaving for two days in an hour. This is usually the time I would be premeditating how much I’m going to drink, counting down the minutes until I can go get it, and planning how I’m going to hide it so my hubby doesn’t find out. All part of the master plan of self destruction.

Not tonight!

I know I could get away with it, I could get drunk and clean up after myself and he wouldn’t know any different, but I will. I’m so tired of letting myself down. So instead of giving into the temptation, I’m going to keep myself busy and keep checking into the forum. (Maybe order a pizza too).

Wish me luck guys!

14 Likes

Good luck!!! You are strong and got this!

3 Likes

Good for you! I love the part of you saying, he would never know, but i will…
Being true to ourselves, that’s a thing for me today and sounds like it is for you too. Drinking and using, not so much. Keep it up and stay strong!

2 Likes

Oh girl, you and me have the same issues. It’s so much easier to be good when we have a constant companion! I have dealt with the same exact issue a couple times. I indulged myself to naughty foods, drank coca cola and basically camped out on this app for two days! Said “goodnight, guys, going to bed sober” then checked in as soon as I was up the next morning to say I didn’t drink the night before. It helped to write it and see it. Stay strong!

4 Likes

Good luck.
Maybe you could put the same kind of thought you used to put into drinking into your pizza. Haha.
Toppings, crust, where you’re getting it lol

2 Likes

Yes this is possible! Just do whatever (healthy) to keep your mind off it! Keep chatting with people here :slight_smile: I’ll have my phone alllll night & for the next few days if you need an active buddy! Pizza is delicious, I’m a sucker for the stuffed crust. Also — get some wings w/ it! Go crazyyyy. Or one of those delicious desserts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same issued. When my husband has long shifts. After being sober for a bit. I figure I can sneak and get away with it. I have fallen more times than i can count. It does help to make a plan. Whether organize something. Cleaning, cooking baking and being on here helps too. Pizza a definite yum :blush: Hope all is well. I am usually around most mornings. And off and on in evening. Reaching out is best thing and having a plan. For me at least.

3 Likes

Thank you so much everyone! I haven’t had much time to read and respond in depth yet, I’ve been keeping busy! So far, so good. I’ve made a plan that should keep me preoccupied most of the night (or atleast until the liquor store closes). Thanks again! You’ve all really helped :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Keep it going Buffy7 :grin:

1 Like

Well I’ve made it past the point of no return… the store in town is now closed and I don’t have a vehicle to go elsewhere. It has definitely been a tough day early in sobriety, and my mind went over many ways to sneak a drink without anyone knowing, but I didn’t!

House is pretty clean, waiting for my pizza to arrive, and now it’s time to relax. I got through the hard part. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

You’ve got this! ヽ(´∀`)ノ

1 Like

Yes! Enjoy your pizza. That “little something extra” you taste…it’s victory! Forevermore, victory will taste like a two-topping with extra everything.

Light your scented candles. Take a nice bath. Put on that scary facial mask. Watch the sappiest romcom on tv. It’s called “positive reinforcement”.

1 Like

I was just gonna check in on you. Glad you updated your post, thanks.

1 Like

Sometimes an extra meal will help curb a crave. Good on ya.

1 Like

Thank you for checking back!

tonight is going well! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I couldn’t decide what pizza to get so I got 4 personal pizzas :stuck_out_tongue:

Settling into a movie about addiction and enjoying my much deserved pizzas! Thanks everyone. Might not check back in tonight, as I’ve been up since 5am (hot yoga) but I will check in again tomorrow morning. Stay strong :muscle:

6 Likes

Good Morning!!! My 8 month old slept all night and just woke up, so I’m well rested and NOT hung over :smile: Hope everyone has a great day!

8 Likes

Naps. I highly recommend them. Naps are hugs we give ourselves.

Good morning! Well done on a great night. P.S. those pizzas look divine!