Binge Eating Cycle

I know this app is for sobriety. But I consider food my addiction. I can’t go second of the day without thinking about it. I’ve struggled with binge eating since I was a teenager. I’ve recently put on weight and it’s gotten unhealthy so I made it myself a promise to try and get help. I’m addicted to any kind of sugar and junk food. I’m addicted to any kind of food almost, even the healthy ones I always eat too much. I always overeat even if I’m full. I eat all day and when I’m not eating I feel like I need to eat more. My binge eating has gotten out of control. And every diet I put myself on I just go through the cycle of restricting and then binging. I got this app so that I can count how many days I could go without binging. I don’t want to be obsessed with food, and obsessed with how I look and obsess with my weight. I’m hoping someone can relate to this. there’s so much more I could probably say but this is my first post so I’ll just leave it at that. For any other food addict out there or someone struggling with any eating disorder, I can always lend an ear.

4 Likes

Hey Jennajen I am a firm believer that my eating-disorder inadvertently led to my drug-addiction. I can absolutely & totally relate. I am in my fifties & it’s time for me to get clean but my biggest most crippling fear is the imminent weight gain that I will incur when I stop using. And of course it is better to be fat than on drugs but try telling someone that with a warped body-perception. I don’t have any answers Jennajen but I wanted to say I hear you, binge-eating is real & it is debilitating. Just know that you’re beautiful inside & out and the self-talk & negative messages we send ourselves are lies & making ourselves sick & embarrassed is not necessary anymore.

1 Like

Congratulations on staying sober for 3 months💯 that’s awesome. I’m thinking about doing the vegetarian thing because if I binge on lettuce I won’t gain any weight…you have to roll with the punches take the good days with the bad. I really think it’s a personal journey & we as women need not compare our body-symetry with anybody elses. Congrats again🎉 thanks for the encouragement.

I’m an alcoholic. I think this is a substitute for anything. You have an addictive personality. I am currently binge drinking coffee…

2 Likes

Me too Mike2412.

is9la. … I struggled with binge eating for 10 years !!! It is really hard. I went to OA for a long time which helped. Message me if you’d like other ideas.

1 Like

I totally see you and hear you, @is9la. Food is my addiction as well. It’s so tricky to stop eating wrong food. I seem to go up and down in weight and it makes me anxious all the time. Over the last 4 years I lost 24kg, and gained 27. It freaks me out and let’s me eat even more. The role food plays has become so big that I’ve decided to ask for help from my GP. I’ve never had a such a great conversation about my ‘big fat secret’ all my life. He’s referring to an eating disorder clinic. Even though I’m still super anxious about it I do feel that it’s what I need to do.

2 Likes