Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

6 weeks? That’s awesome, keep up the good work! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 877 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 213 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 878 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 214 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 879 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 215 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 880 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 216 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 881 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 217 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 882 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 218 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Imperfect eating was pretty imperfect yesterday. Trying to not feel guilty. It wasn’t a binge by my standards, but I still don’t like it.

6 Likes

Day 883 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 219 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I honestly did not know this was a thing… but I have been eating a lot more (especially sweets) now that I am sober.

3 Likes

Welcome to the thread @EricaIBS! I have mentioned this before, but you’re not alone in turning to food after sobriety. Quite a few people here have. I personally haven’t ever turned to drinks and/or substances, but I still want you to know that there are other people here that have. You got this! The first day will always be the hardest, but once you get by those first 24 hours, it gets a little easier each day. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 884 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 220 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 885 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 221 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 886 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 222 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 887 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 223 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 888 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 224 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 889 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 225 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have been suffering with binge eating all my life. I have mastered a lot of health areas of life such as I have been clean and sober over a year and I am an avid runner and even ran a couple of marathons. I’ve also been celibate all of this year since I’m not in an exclusive relationship. But when it comes to eating crappy foods, and lots of it, I always end up failing. I always give myself an excuse. I had a dr appointment so while I’m out I’ll get fast food, I’m traveling so I’ll eat fast food, I just did a race so I’ll eat fast food, I’m not working this weekend so I’ll eat fast food. It’s always pizza, French fries, soda, sweet tea, greasy Chinese food or Mexican food. Then after that I’ll get a couple of chocolate bars and another soda. I have cholesterol issues and I’m 42 years old so this could really become a problem like yesterday. I know I need to stop but the urges for this kind of food are so strong. I had an appointment today and ordered Pizza Hut. A personal pan pizza and their cheddar pasta which was soooo good. I already can’t wait to get another one. Aaand that’s how I stay hooked on the binge eating :sob::sob:

3 Likes

First of all, welcome to the thread, and congratulations on being sober for 1 year! That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing your story as well, it seems that your binge eating is causing you a lot of distress. Do you have a therapist that can help you with this? I think that would be a good first step. Also, you’re not alone in turning to food after sobriety, quite a few people here have as well. You got this, I totally believe in you! We will support you all the way. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 890 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 226 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes