Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 632 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 197 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 633 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 198 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 634 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 199 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 635 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 200 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 636 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 201 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey people.
Firslty congrats to your successes! So nice to see that some of us are having super long path of successful recovery now :heart_eyes:

I just wanted to share, that few days ago I binged after fairly long time. I don’t keep track about how long I am off binging and purging, so can’t say exactly.

However, it was a “good” binge if something like that exists :sweat_smile: I want to say, that I did it, I ate a lot before bed and all the sweet stuff, but that was it. I realised it afterwards, I wasn’t happy about it, but no punishing intentions or blaming and shaming thoughts appeared. Which is a huge change from what I used to be going through before. I’d hate myself and be very cruel to myself.
A thought about purging crossed my mind (vomiting in my case, bcs I used to suffer from Bulimia). Very much surprisingly for me again, that was the very last thing I’d go for. Only imagining of doing it made me feel strongly against. For the first time the ideas about all damages which it causes were stronger than any desire to get the food out of my system. There was no desire as such anyway. It was so weird - good weird!

I am so happy for this experience. A reminder that if I don’t eat enough during the day, I’ll end up starving and wanting to binge at the night. And when it happened, I am glad to see how greatly I handled this “slip”.
I am not perfect, but I love this imperfection. I feel now like a normal person who finally has a healthy relationship with food :blush:

8 Likes

Welcome to the thread Jana, and thank you for sharing your story. I hope you find this thread helpful/inspiring. :blush:

3 Likes

Day 637 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 202 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 638 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 203 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 639 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 204 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 640 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face: I turned 25 as well today. :smiling_face_with_tear:
Day 205 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Happy 25th birthday!!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday @Aleyadaisey and congrats on those strong numbers! :heart::tada:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @Aleyadaisey
No tears! Have a wonderful year!

Congratulations @Jana1988 ! Happy for you. You worked hard to get where you are! Congrats all the way around. xoxo

3 Likes

Happy birthday! :partying_face: Nice young age :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Happy birthday! Hope u have a wonderful day! :purple_heart::tada::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you all! :blush:

2 Likes

Day 641 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 206 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 642 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 207 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face: