Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Sounds like you’re making the effort to change against life’s hardships. Sounds really good! :heavy_check_mark::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Day 767 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 103 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 768 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 104 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I know it’s difficult to balance work and eating healthy. Are you able to prepare some meals in advance on the weekends and bring them to work? That would probably help. :purple_heart::blush:

3 Likes

Day 769 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 105 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I am putting more effort into that now, great suggestion, thank you!

4 Likes

No problem! :blush:

4 Likes

Checking in sober, wishing I could fast forward the clock and have many years under my belt. Having to say no to every social outing because of the food is depressing. I know the struggle will be worth it, just feeling sorry for myself tonight.

7 Likes

Day 770 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 106 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 771 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 107 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 2 here. I’m on day 244 sober from alcohol. I realize that for the past few months I’ve just been substituting one DOC for another though. While I’m proud I’m sober, I know I need to cut back on the carbs and eat healthier because my A1c is extremely high and my body’s paying the price. I really need to get better strategies for dealing with stress. I did make my first counseling appointment, so I guess that’s a step in the right direction?

8 Likes

Hi Rebabeeba! Welcome to the thread! Congrats on 244 days of sobriety! That’s awesome! I hope you find this thread helpful/inspiring. :blush:

3 Likes

23 days no binging. A couple of times I have eaten a little more than I would have liked, but each time stopped before a full binge. I am trying to resist going to weigh myself. Either more than I expect or less that I expect is likely to make me want to restrict, and then subsequently binge. But I do want to lose a little weight, so do need a baseline to work with.

8 Likes

Are you on insulin or other meds? T1D here.

1 Like

I’m on Metformin.

2 Likes

Checking in, sober but sad. Jealous of people who “appear to eat normally” ugh. Will I ever feel that same sense of freedom? I hope so.

5 Likes

Day 772 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 108 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Feeling better today. Staying strong and sober :grin:

6 Likes

Day 773 : No binge today. I ate pretty healthy. My mom loves my cooking, and she ate the meals I cooked with me. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 109 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 774 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 110 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes