Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

I limited myself to 2 cups of coffee today but I did eat two Reese’s peanut butter eggs back to back.

2 Likes

@Pointlesscravings
I found out that I was treating sugary products the same as I used to treat alcohol. I would buy it/them, and think I could moderate it. NOT!
Now I try and I am partially succeeding in not buying it. If the craving seems overwhelming, then I’ll buy a single serving of something to satisfy my sugar desire. That works. But if there is a package or a box of something sweet, I will likely finish it long before the recommended portions.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m happy to hear that I’m not the only one who treats sugary foods that way!
Thanks for the advice, it’s very helpful!

3 Likes

Day 809 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 145 : No coffee today. :blush:

3 Likes

Day 810 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 146 : No coffee today. :blush:

4 Likes

Hello people :blush:
I have now under my belt over 3 weeks without binging, which is perhaps the most I managed since I ever started replacing my feelings or boredom with food.
I unfortunatelly injured my foot when running last weekend and it got swollen, hence I decided not to walk on it too much and stayed the whole day indoors yesterday. Who knows me also knows that it’s something very hard for me to do, because I’m very much outdoor person and I’m extremely active, doing some cardio or exercise in every day. So being ‘tied’ to a chair made me feel low yesterday and I noticed that I’m craving food during the day more than normally.
In the evening I ended up having bigger dinner than I would usually have but I didn’t binge and I’m happy about it, because god knows that I really wanted to. I had so strong cravings for sugar that I thought for a while that it would be easier to just give in and have a ‘one of small binge’. But then I was honest with myself and realistic. I knew that it’s too dangerous, because any time when I gave in like this before, it ended up being a time when all the efforts went out of the window and this ‘one of’ started a new whole session of never ending binging for months and months before I’d manage to get back on track.
So I had a big dinner instead. Food which has nutritions and I don’t enjoy binging on it, just to fill me up enough not to have snacks afterwrads. And it helped. I still had few ocassional thoughts about chocolate crossing my mind, but they went as they appeared. I noticed them, said goodbye and let them go.
Would I prefer eating smaller dinner? Yes, especially in the day I wasn’t active as usually. I ate like if I’m going to run a long run today :smile: BUT, do I prefer this over binging? Hell yeah!
So I put this all behind me, I accept that I did what was necessary, I know I am not going to gain a stone from the previous night dinner and so all is fine. And even if I did gain a stone, then what? It wouldn’t be the end of the world, because I prevented myself from something much worse. I’m very happy about how I handled the situation and for today I already have a plan what I would like to do, so I don’t get all bored or low in mood again. There’s lots of mental work and some fun activities waiting for me today :slightly_smiling_face:
But first I wanted to share here, as it always helps me to put my own thoughts together and really appreciate :pray:t2: what is going on.

6 Likes

Day 811 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 147 : No coffee today. :blush:

2 Likes

Day 812 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 148 : No coffee today. :blush:

3 Likes

I’m proud of how far you have come! Keep up the good work! You totally got this. :blush:

3 Likes

Really amazing progress Jana and totally the right decision to fill up on nutritious foods to prevent a binge. I do this daily. If I didn’t, I could count on it that I’d binge rubbish food eventually. I don’t buy rubbish, and I eat a lot of proper food. That’s basically it.

I’m super proud of you! Thanks for sharing! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Awwwr. Thank you both, @Aleyadaisey & @Faugxh :hugs:
You’re always such a great support for me on this journey on which I feel to be for so long.
But this time I finally feel like there’s a real progress :blush:

I’m happy seeing you’re doing great too. Maybe one day I’ll have months and years of not binging like you do :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
So far, I’m slowly coming up to my first full month!! :heart_eyes:

Beginning of April will be perhaps tough. I’m going home for Easter and my mum will make loads of food and so the rest of my family… And my mum is used to sit down and talk and have bits to snack on until late night… So I must really stick boundarie there for myself. Fortunately I’ll be then in new habit for almost 2 months. So the new habits should have firmer roots :relieved:

6 Likes

Day 813 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 149 : No coffee today. :blush:

7 Likes

Day 814 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 150 : No coffee today. :blush:

7 Likes

Day 815 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 151 : No coffee today. :blush:

6 Likes

Day 816 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 152 : No coffee today. :blush:

6 Likes

Day 817 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 153 : No coffee today. :blush:

7 Likes

Had a rough few weeks of binging, enough for there to be a clear physical change. It is getting warmer, and not being able to bundle up in thick jumpers to hide it is quite distressing. But, I either stay on this hamster wheel or get off, and I finally had enough and got off and am 3 days binge free. Of course, I want to restrict like crazy to try and get back to where I was before the binging, but know that won’t help in the long run. Back to the start, back to one day at a time.

11 Likes

Day 818 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 154 : No coffee today. :blush:

7 Likes

Day 819 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 155 : No coffee today. :blush:

6 Likes

Day 820 : No binge today. :blush:
Day 156 : No coffee today. :blush:

4 Likes