Birthday and survived!

I turned 49 today and was so afraid I’d end up with a celebratory bottle of wine by the end of the day. But it was actually kind of easy to refrain :grin: And year after year I’d look forward to a weekend birthday, just to celebrate with too much alcohol. It just goes to show that I’d use ANY excuse to drink. And, at the very least I thought I’d be white knuckling it. Nope. Still clean and sober! YAY!

19 Likes

Well done. Great feeling that winning happiness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Geo! Each day is better and every challenge overcome gives strength :grin::heart:

That’s a great bday present to yourself. You should be very proud. Your worth it. Great job. Not easy to do for our kind. :pray:

1 Like

I think I’ll make a new song to sing:

Happy birthday to me🎵
Stay strong and healthy🎵
Another day of sobriet-ey🕺
And therefore happy :grin: :musical_note:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
@Dazercat and @anon12657779 feel free to steal that :wink:

4 Likes

Cool. Thanks. I think I will.
You are definitely in the right place. It’s great to see.
I remember being exactly the same. Every little victory I used to power on. I didn’t spend time lamenting what I’d lost.
It’s definitely a “LOOK AT WHAT IVE FOUND!”
:facepunch::grin::sunglasses:

Congratulations!! @Ravikamor
Keep on going strong!

1 Like

@anon12657779 I know right? I’ve tried so many times to quit before. I’ve lost count. But this time is so different. Geoff if you could read those posts I read of those people suffering and crying out after that article I read… OMG. One brother talked about how one sister had died and the other is on the streets with her vodka. A mother crying for her 41 year old daughter who had died. If I keep reading those for power, every obstacle is a triumphant one. This place is a blessing as well :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you Spanache!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Oh and happy birthday as well. I forgot that! :confetti_ball::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LoL @anon12657779! Thanks!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! I turn 30 at the end of this month and I too have thought about what it will be like sober. Every year since I was like 16 I’ve always looked forward to my birthday weekend drinking haha so it’s nice to hear other people think about this too and how it’ll be a different celebration sober this year. Good for you!!

1 Like

3ohs7W7ACsSvyY5WoM

1 Like

Congrats on sobriety I’m on day 5 of sobriety with my 31st birthday tomorrow I’m already getting urges but I’m fighting as strong as I can I hope I can have the strength you had and make it to day 7 …

Happy birthday

1 Like

Happy birthday - and well done. This is perhaps the best gift you can give to yourself and to the people who love you.

Happy sober 49th birthday to you!!! So much to celebrate!!

1 Like

@Sarah0130 Happy birthday!!! You can do it! If I can, you can!! :heart:

1 Like

@SassyRocks thank you!! :hugs:

1 Like

You’re right! Best gift ever! :heart::wink::grin:

1 Like

@latinlion84. Thank you!!! I love it!!! :heart::heart::heart: