Blessing in disguise?

So update a little bit. I’m almost off my Adderall, another week to go. And I’m week into my benzo taper from Klonopin to diazapam. I was talking with my sponsor, and the last couple days I have been really sleeping most of this benzo stuff off because I’m really coming off the Adderall. So I’m not suffering SO terribly. So, I’m thinking it might have been a blessing in disguise that I’m getting off both at the same time… At first I was terrified but now I’m actually greatful… as strange as it sounds. As well, today I got out of bed. The depression seems to be subsiding. I took my dog around the block. Not long but it was something. I think the hopes of knowing I’ll be going to a sober home soon is keeping my spirits up. Just wanted to share some positivity. Thanks everyone for being here. Hugs to all! :hugs:

4 Likes

Good Job Kaila!
I’ve found (especially now since the lockdowns) that opening windows and getting outside is super important for our mental health. Delete all the crap and negative stuff from social media.
The other day I wasnt feeling so well but went and walked around the downtown square. Ended up feeling amazing afterwards.

2 Likes

I’m 371 days sober today. With the help of my beautiful girlfriend, I know that I can keep going.

1 Like