Bloat after quitting drinking?

Your readjusting. The body does some wild stuff when you cut out a substance that you’ve been putting more of in than other substances. Bloating/gastric issues aren’t uncommon and redness/blotchyness of the face is common too for the first few weeks. I hope this was helpful.

2 Likes

I’m bloated too and noticed just today my face was red! I have 10 sober days so far, so this thread has given me some comfort and reassurance. Going to keep drinking water, eating well and exercising!

I’m struggling with this right now too. I’m only 5d AF and the bloating and gas discomfort is significant. I’ve ordered a load of supplements to try to support my body healing. Any other suggestions are very welcome :hugs:

Hello, I am 21 days sober today and about 7 days after quitting this bloating thing happened. I was eating once a day it was so bad. Went to the hospital and they put me on Pantoprazole and that helped alot. Still feel a little bloated but eating habits are back to normal. Glad I am not alone in feeling this way. See my GP next week to discuss dietary changes I can make, but alot of what has been said here makes alot of sense. Keep it up everyone!

1 Like

Stick with it. You will see major results. It took my body about 30 days to really start responding. I think it wanted to know if I was serious or not.

2 Likes