Bold Ginger ale

Extra bold Ginger ale is working for me dealing with alcohol dependence . The burn of the ginger is very close to drinking alcohol only it lasts longer . And I find that it triggers the same pleasing effect that I formally had with beer etc. I know there is a danger that somewhere down the line it could make me want the real thing but after three days I have had nothing but success and the desire for beer has been all but eliminated thus far. I am also praying , fasting weight training and watching/listening to spiritual motivational videos. Maybe this just works for me but I thought I would share God bless and Godspeed.

10 Likes

“The burn” was something I was always craving the first month I quit drinking. Fresh ginger works best, I buy a knob and grate it all down and store it in the freezer. Break off a bit as needed and blend it with some juices. Also, just a splash of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water helped curb my burn cravings. I’m almost at 90 days and now I only crave ginger lol. Replacing one addiction with another I suppose.

1 Like

I do the same with diet ginger ale! Former beer drinker here.:raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

I like the ginger beer - (non alcoholic) & i got a soda stream that you can get the ginger mix for. I usually just squeeze lemon for it though. The tart lemon & the bubbles are cheap & easy & actually way healthier then the beer!

2 Likes