Book reading and conversation

Welcome to August! Today’s reading is attached.

5 Likes

I love that and believe in the power of doing something to help someone else. You never know when you could be changing someone’s heart or life by a single act of random kindness. Nice read thanks @Nikkicar!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke

3 Likes

I think i will keep this running under the same heading so here is today Aug 2nd, sorry I am a bit behind today!! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Keep posting!

1 Like

August 3rd

2 Likes

August 4th

1 Like

When reading this today my first though was a quote I read a while back. “I am not responsible for the wound, but I am responsible for healing it.” I am still coming to my senses, I still will not let someone love me or get close to me because i am a firm believer that hurt people hurt people. My life is by no means standing still but I would have to say I am learning to live again. Does this resonate with you? What comes to mind?

1 Like

Thanks hope to read some more from you!

1 Like

I have been hurt by hurt people many times but I still love with all of my heart regardless of getting hurt or not because love is an amazing thing to experience and worth the heartache that may come. I just got out of a relationship that ended up hurting me deeply. I think that if I date someone that has mental health issues that one of the things I would look at is if they’re addressing their problem or not. I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and complex PTSD but am currently in therapy dealing with the trauma I’ve never dealt with before in my life. I agree and believe in the fact that I didn’t cause all abuse but it’s my responsibility to heal and take care of the things that I need too so I don’t put someone else through any of my issues. I’m healing from what happened with my ex but I’m not going to allow what happened to keep me from falling in love with someone in the future but I want to make sure that I’m healthy enough mentally, physically and spiritually so I can be the best version of me for whoever God may have picked out for me in the future. I guess I’m a hopeless romantic lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thanks for sharing Nikki have a great day :metal:t2::sunglasses:

Thanks @Rockstar24777 for sharing!

1 Like

August 5th. Book reading and discussion. Feel free to join in.

1 Like

August 6th

1 Like

Aug 10th sorry I missed a couple days I was under the weather. Enjoy!