Book recommendations

Ahh I love reading. As a little child I always read the books of my dad. I always read information books. As I’m a bit older now I’m getting a bit more into stories. I love detective stories as it keeps on getting more complicated and you can try figuring or yourself what the answer might be.

Do y’all have any recommendations?

5 Likes

Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner was pretty good.

I also enjoyed the first Veronica Mars book but you might need to know the tv show and movie to follow it.

Hmmm. Those are the only proper detective books I can think of. I have lots of mystery/thrillers on my read list.

1 Like

Oh…there’s the women’s one from James Patterson too. The Women’s Murder Club??? I can’t recall but all the books were numerical. 1st to Die. 2nd Chances. Etc

1 Like

Martha Grimes wrote a great series about a British detective named Richard Jury. One is the main characters is Melrose Plant. You can’t go wrong with a name Iike that.

I’ve been reading a lot of Dan Wells. The I am not a Serial Killer series and the Hollow City. There are supernatural elements to it but lots of mystery and detection stuff.

Also The Wire in the Blood by Val McDermid. Excellent TV series too.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m gonna see if I can get to read them.

I’ll try watching them, thanks!

1 Like

James Patterson is brilliant - read all of his - fast paced and gripping - and the twists when they appear are usually totally unexpected - addictive.

1 Like

I’m not normally into horror but the birdbox book is way better than the movie I read it in a day and felt genuinely creeped out at parts

I’ve read one of his books, they’re amazing :smiley:

I didn’t know birdbox also was a book :0
I haven’t seen the movie yet so I’ll try reading the book

Yeah the movie is great too, they are very different so one doesn’t really spoil the other. I’m a massive fantasy fan myself, the stormlight archive by Brandon Sanderson is huge but very worth it

Friends don’t let friends read James Patterson. :smiley: I read tons and there are much better detective novelists out there. If you do really like Patterson, take a step up towards Jonathan Kellerman. His main character, Alex Delaware, is a child psychologist, and the books are very fast paced.

2 Likes

Harlan coben books I love

2 Likes

I do recommend Jo Nesbø a Norwegian writer. So dedicated.

1 Like

If you like suspenseful crime thrillers Blood On The Tracks by Barbara Nickles is fantastic. It’s the first in the Sydney Rose Parnell series. Book 2 was great too. About a woman railroad cop who’s an Iraq War vet with PTSD, and her canine partner, also a K9 vet with Dog PTSD.

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can get then at the library.

I’m doing pretty well I’d say. Thank you :3

Woah that sounds interesting :0