Booze withdrawals

I have no clue why I would put my body through this AGAIN.The shakes,the sweating,the lack of appetite…May I NEVER EVER put my body through this ever again😔

7 Likes

Hang in there!

Same here friend I think the same thing and I’m now day 4 sober…try to remember these feelings when u feel like drinking play the tape right to the end see how u will end up hope u feel better soon :grin:

1 Like

Thank you,I’m trying.

Yep!!!
I definitely don’t plan on forgetting this feeling,thanks

You never have to, keep taking steps forward in recovery, get help, professional help, many hands make light work, a problem shared and all that

2 Likes

That’s my problem. I hate myself the next morning then that evening I would go right back. I wake up telling myself that I NEVER want to feel that way again, but end up feeling that way EVERY TIME. It’s just not worth it! Keep going!

1 Like

I can so identify with that I used to call it the ’ 3am shame’ that was when I realised I had got drunk yet again. I can not count my day ones as there are far to many false starts to remember but I guess looking back at now 11 months A.F I’m glad I kept trying. @Sanie it gets much easier honestly.

2 Likes

I remember the 3am shame too. Wake up in my easy chair. Look at the half-full glass or bottle. Realize I was passed out and missed my daughter’s goodnight hug, imagining what my wife was thinking as she went to bed by herself, once again.

But the good news is, we never have to feel that way again, and all we have to do is say “no” to one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink.

3 Likes