Bored, depressed, lonely

Been largely sober for the past 3-4 weeks with the exception of maybe 3 beers scattered throughout that time. During that time I’ve been remodeling my bedroom, and added new subfloor and new finished flooring.

Tonight, I’m feeling pretty bored, and a bit wore out. I feel like I’ve become exceptionally depressed and lonely feeling like I can’t make a legit connection with anyone. I’m on Facebook dating and POF, but nothing ever comes from it…

I guess I don’t know why I’m really making this post… probably just bored… maybe I’m looking for a reason not to drink… right now it’s hard to tell…

3 Likes

Hey Brad!

I hear ya. You got any good books you’ve been wanting to get to but couldn’t find the time? This might be it! Orrrr… you a good cook? Try a delicious recipe you’d love to eat at a restaurant maybe? How are your parents or an old friend you haven’t spoken to in a while. Tried calling them to see how life is going?

This app is pretty cool too. Just scroll through the topics for all the best advice on how it is so much better being sober. Writing in my journal has been very therapeutic for me during times of depression and sadness. It’s like I’m having a conversation with my higher self. Stay sober. :fist:t5:

1 Like

Hi brad1. First of all well done for your 3-4 weeks. You sound like you have planned your time well with DIY. Sometimes our motivation just goes or we feel a bit down. Weekends can be especially hard whether you are single or with someone. I myself have had a really crap day and totally empathise with you looking for a reason to drink. I haven’t given in and will be so pleased when I wake up to not have to hide an empty vodka bottle. Keep up the good fight. Put on a film that you haven’t watched before to take your mind off things, just for now. Hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow x

I’d love to see a picture of that floor