Boredom and cravings

Having a really hard time tonight. It must be the boredom. I thought a about using them immediately went for a work out and now I’m writing this. I’m getting so bored of the routine and always being alone but I know I’m not ready to return to social events or having friends my recovery is still to fragile. I’m going NUTS. I geuss I’ll try and go to bed early.

2 Likes

Hang in there I posted something similar to this earlier and all the feedback gave me the support I needed to fight through the urge… YOU GOT THIS

1 Like

You’re in my prayers @Disco it’s weird because I’ve been feeling lonely too, I think it’s part of early sobriety but I’m not sure. I’m doing the same thing though working out and staying busy. Hang in there and have a good night :metal:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

You got this! I felt the same way on Thursday night and relapsed early Friday morning at 3 AM. Think about the benefits of being sober and healthy. Using is fun but tbh “it’s always playing catch-up.” You’ve gone this far. Keep up the efforts. :v:t4::pray:t4:

You’re doing the right thing, reaching out.
In early sobriety we have to be strong and passionate and really remember why we are doing it.
As to the boredom, find something to do.
We are often our own worst enemy when in situations like this.
I can honestly tell you that even if I lived on my own I would not be bored. I’d be in the hills camping. But that’s what I’ve found to fill the void.
You will have to find your own way to stop the boredom.
It’s a sad day when a grown adult says “I’m bored”