Bottomless Appetite, Zero Libido

3 months sober from alcohol and beginning to wonder if my mind and body will ever reset back to normal.

Some of this I can chalk up to now taking depression meds but not all of the non stop eating and zero libido. Is this normal? How long til equilibrium?

1 Like

I don’t take antidepressants, but I know for some both can be a side effect. Have you talked to your prescribing MD about this?

It varies, I was initially on citalapram and mirtazapine, I was a non stop sweet and cookie eater, very little labido and gained a stone, I stopped the mirtazapine and my labido was back after two weeks of stopping, I was uncontrollable with wanting intimacy, telling my husband to get upstairs is a turn off apparently :joy:, as for the overeating, I have an app on my phone called my net diary which helps me to monitor and log my food and excersize, I’ve gone back to kickboxing which helps and in the last month have lost 4kg. It does get better but timing will be different for everyone, if you have concerns about your medication then go back to your doctor and get it reviewed

1 Like

@RedDragon I have a similar app and I’m religious about gym everyday but it’s still frustrating. I just want normal again and I’m the most impatient mofo on the planet!

I’m now on mitrazapine, risperdol, Prozac and gabapentin. :dizzy_face::pill:

For me the mirtazapine seemed to work against everything else, like my body was trying to reject it, it’s good because you can’t drink or take illegal drugs on it as it will make you sick, I still have them if I have problems sleeping or get cravings as it’s a sedative antidepressant but my doctor has agreed to only take them when I need them. You’ll get there eventually, just remember it’s not a race, our bodies recover at different paces, just get a review of your medication if it’s getting you down, my review is on Monday, I’m just going to stay with what I’m on for now

1 Like