Boyfriend still using

I am a few hours away from being sober for 2 days but my boyfriends just gone out to score with his mate. He thinks its ok because he smokes marijuana and that has never been my drug of choice. Its a huge trigger and i am struggling big time. Has anyone else delt with somthing simular?

Hey yes I have. But I was using meth. I ended up leaving him. But I think I should of gone to meetings or seen a psychologist for help. You need to talk about it to someone, friends and family might not understand. All the best Goodluck.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Im really struggling tonight. Im almost 2 days off alcohol and amphetimines and cravings/withdrawls have been creeping over me. Him going out triggerd them off 10 fold. I almost dont want him to come home if he has been using. Feels like my chest is gona burst.

I feel you. I always feel better after I eat something, sleep, hot shower or exercise or talking with someone in the phone. Do anything to get your mind off it. Just get through now, after you have rested your mind will be in a better place. All the best.

3 Likes

Knowing you and others on this app are here is so comforting. I have told him to stay at his mothers and i will let him know when he can come back. Thank you for your support. Hopfully i can get some rest. Midnight it not a great time for anxiety at all :neutral_face: now to attempt sleep…

2 Likes

Good I’m glad, that’s why we are here to help each other out.
I also wish I had this app when I was going through all that. Just take it easy now, know that you will wake up fresh tomorrow without using and you will be fresh ready to kick start your day! That’s got to be better than using right.
Goodnight.

2 Likes