Brag on your accomplishments

I passed a really hard exam to get a professional certification and because of that got a big promotion at work!

18 Likes

I got sober for the longest ive been sober in 5 years

20 Likes

I started working as a nurse in addiction care.

22 Likes

I started a new job in health and wellness which has been a goal for years. And….I haven’t had a drink in 23 days!!!

19 Likes

Hot this today.

22 Likes

I started teaching martial arts, earned my instructor certifications, started a new day job, and added another year of sobriety.

21 Likes

Had a vertebra removed and a few others fused in April.

1st month after surgery, I could barely walk a quarter mile. It was more like shuffling than walking, really.

2 months after - back in the gym with limits, full-tilt 3 months after.

7 months on, all my lifts have rapidly surpassed my previous bests and I’m starting to be able to run consistently again, already matching or beating my pre-surgery pace.

Best of all, none of it hurts anymore.

21 Likes

I not only left my house in Virginia, I got on a plane and visited my AA home group friends (and Sponsor) in Maine!! Just for two nights. Still can’t believe I did it! Awesome cook out party with water activities. Hoping to go again next year.

22 Likes

It seems like just yesterday you were going thru all of that MRI stuff waiting for surgery. So grateful that you recovered and are kicking it with Chief. Good year for sure.

5 Likes

Awesome photo!

5 Likes

I did my biggest solo hike (so far!) Into the Scottish wilderness!

14 Likes

I helped my 72 year old father complete a 34 mile hike through the heart of the Cascade mountains. The last time he did this hike was over 15 years ago. He never thought he’d do it again, and yet, he did it.

My old man reaching Cloudy Pass, elv. 6,438ft

23 Likes

Been sober every singel day in 2022, soon coming up on 1 year sober!

19 Likes

Now that is an amazing picture. I love everything about that :heart:

6 Likes

Within a week of our return I had it printed, framed and on his wall! It was a pretty awesome moment!

5 Likes

I became a scientist and am repairing relationships. I no longer see any reason to take a drink. Not that I won’t stay vigilant.

9 Likes

If you did 11, I’ll bet you can do 12… :wink: Welcome back. I’m glad you’re here.

6 Likes

First thought was “on foot?! Holy moly!”
You are a precision engineered machine

4 Likes

I have not drank any booze and don’t have/need/want to. Any & all other accomplishments are simply beautiful benefits that just materialize with being with my like minded people!
Thank you all very, very much.

5 Likes

I’m just grateful this year will be over soon.
I set an end to bearing my husband’s drunken shitty behaviour. Long version posted here Are you affected by a loved one who is an addict? - #604 by erntedank

I’m really happy that my mum passed away peacefully and I organized a beautiful funeral everyone will keep in loving memory. I’m sure she liked it too :yellow_heart:

I’m proud of still managing my life.
I’m a fucking freak moving in and moving out our new house within 6 months.
If your life is a mess, take the ingredients and make yummi stew was my best effort of the year.

8 Likes