Break time thinking about when I had my last sip

I always thought I wasn’t as bad…One day I hit rock bottom…With self esteem long forgotten…all that mattered was my next drink…it took to long to make the link…Till finally unable to function and coming to a life threatening junction…choose to drink my life away or stop and live the proper way…cold turkey!Getting dry was hella hard to do…I wouldn’t wish that shit on any of you…With sweats and a terrible shake…I asked my self how long would my recovery take…Slowly, less and less…Now my life is not much a mess…slowing down, well It was just something I had to do…469 days wow that flew…

10 Likes

It’s awesome hearing testimonies like this as a “newbie” to the sober club. While the day counter seems to move so fast the days themself seem to drag terribly. Nights like tonight… a Friday night and just waiting for the sun to set so I can turn in. Uncomfortable to sit in my normal spot because that’s where I’d put back 2 bottles of wine or a 12 pack without thinking twice.

Please keep sharing this stuff! It really helps us see that we aren’t that crazy after all!

4 Likes

Great stuff bro keep it it up

1 Like

Well done. Congratulations to you and your loved ones.

1 Like

Noce flow! Congrats on your 469 days. Thanks for being an inspriation and keep up the good work!

1 Like