Break up & addiction

Hi
My ex ended our relationship nearly 8 months ago. And she immediately moved on and started a new relationship. But i couldnt move on :frowning:

I started drinking too much in that period of time and started doing shamefull things. And thought i need to stop drinking and smoking cigarettes.

I am on almost 12th day of being sober and 4 days quited smoking.

Is that too much to deal with 2 things? Actually 3 :frowning:

Coz nowadays my mind is playin tricks with me. I feel like i started both of them again. I feel really depressed and angry sometimes.

Thanks

(sorry for my english (:slight_smile:)

So sorry to hear about break up, it’s so hard and painful. I find if I have a cigarette that will make me want to drink too. I’m going through a break up. I’ve been swimming today, now reading on this forum. There are people here to help you through hard times, stick with it. It will get easier.

Congratulations to you and your attempts to improve your life. Sometimes if we try to do too much at once we are setting ourselves up for failure. If you feel like you are going to relapse and start drinking and smoking again, perhaps you can keep sober but go back to smoking, or use a substitute such as vaping. Then you can focus on quitting that later I don’t know. Just a suggestion. All the best to you.

4 Likes

While neither are healthy, alcohol is a much bigger enemy for me. Booze is likely to kill me very quickly if I were to pick back up. I waited until I was more stable in my sobriety (100 days) until I tried to quit smoking.

3 Likes

Smoking leads to drinking and drinking leads to smoking for me… and substitutes edge me closer to relapse so I made them both disappear. Everyone is different you must find the path that works for you imo.

2 Likes

I am 6 days free of alcohol and 8 days free of smoking. So I’m definitely doing two at once. I can tell you for a fact, for me it’s definitely more difficult as the last time i quit drinking I wasn’t a smoker. So now doing them both at the same time sucks but it is possible. Just be honest with yourself though and dont put too much on your plate. If you feel the need to tackle one first then do it that way otherwise it might be too overwhelming and chance of relapse is higher.

2 Likes

I recently got good news I passed a class I had been attending. Now I have an opportunity to make more money than I ever have. So I decided to celebrate by having a couple drinks. 5 days later I’m sick as a dog haven’t been to work since last Friday. My Girl 2 years is now finished with the roller coaster I hope they’re through. Good times ugh!

1 Like

I have a self harm addiction and also just ended my relationship a couple days ago. I find myself wanting to substitute self harm for smoking weed alot now. You have to treat both cigarettes and drinking the same

After 25 days need to reset tomorrow :frowning: thanks for your advices. I found that i need to get over this breakup first :sob: