Broken Heart and Mind

I just got drunk yet again Friday night and decimated my relationship. My boyfriend broke up with me and now I’m feeling so alone. Regardless I’m now finishing up day 3 of being sober. But I’m having such a hard go tonight because I’ve lost my best friend and my best vice. I feel like such a loser and like I have nothing. Idk what I’m really looking for here. But also I am having a hard time trying to find an AA meeting in my small town. So I don’t know how to find support in that regard either. I’m so lost. And again. Feeling so alone.

11 Likes

Glad your here. I also live in a small town. It’s hard to get to meetings.

I’m so grateful I found this place. It’s here 24/7 and easy to connect to.

I destroyed my relationship the last time I drank too. I stayed sober, and worked on myself. it’s been good for me.

There’s great support here. It’s helped me walk through big challenges and stay sober.

9 Likes

There are also virtual meetings you can go to online. Someone here will be able to help you find them. It’s so important to reach out and connect. I’m glad you’re here. And good job on 3 days! Just remember to be kind to yourself, and keep coming here and reading and posting.

Edited: I just linked you in to the ‘online meeting resources’ thread

Thanks to a friend of mine I will be attending my first meeting tomorrow morning. Just gotta make it through tonight.

9 Likes

I’m glad you are seeking some help. I also live in a very small town and struggle finding the help I need when I really need it. Stay strong and go into the meeting with an open mind. I hope the best for you.

1 Like

No doubt about it. These are tough times for you.

I…like so many others before you…have been in your shoes. My advice, get comfortable with being uncomfortable as things get worse before they get better.

Forget about your bf and your booze. Lazer focus on what’s directly in front of you and what you can control. To be happy, truly happy…we shouldn’t need people or booze. Think back to a time you overcame an obstacle in your life and dig deep now to find that warrior again. If you take care of your business…your bf may (and I stress may) find his way back to you when you’re sober and kicking ass. But don’t get in touch with him, call him, harrass him…don’t go to bars or liquor stores either. Step up…you got this!!

5 Likes

How was your meeting today? Hope it went well!

You are far from alone here. I’m going through a quite similiar situation so I can imagine how you feel. The first few days/weeks will be difficult that is true. But if you know in your heart you want to be better you will make it. You will develop healthier vices and life will start to shine again. When ever I feel like im slipping away I like to reach out to my support circle of friends. If you feel you don’t have anyone to listen, I will :blush:

3 Likes

Great advice for anyone working through their addiction journey.
Hugs

1 Like

It was nice to be in a group of people who all know the struggle. A little overwhelming. But I’m definitely going back.

4 Likes

I know what you mean. I also live in a small town. TS was my outlet when I first started. I çouldnt find a meeting. I had lost everything. Keep pushing forward. You can rebuild. It is possible.

1 Like

Oh, that is a lot. Sometimes people have to really hit a bottom to understand what alcohol takes from them. Sounds like that was the case for you. But the only way is up. Sober u will have the energy and clarity to find a great partner for you. But first things first, keeping sober.

2 Likes