Broken, need suggestions

So after 10 years of “sobriety” i have to say i wasnt in recovery. I fell and i fell hard. I go to coda, acoa etc. Ive used everything but alcohol brings me to my knees and opens the floodgate. Just looking for support and encouragement how to get back on my feet.

Hello Lucy…
Ten years is quite a chunk of time. I looked back at your post from 9 days ago, and it seems you were in a difficult tussle with yourself then.
Anything in particular going on? or just life in general?
We are here to listen and support you any way each of us knows how.

2 Likes

Pray to Jesu’s and ask him how he wants u to live ur life cas if u try to do it by ur self u end up powerless. Stay clean and maybe journal I know journal in helps me. Push yourself. Make the impossible…possible u can do it and god bless u

2 Likes

Have you tried AA? I went to Al-Anon for a while before I actually put down the bottle and then went to my first AA meeting. It has made my journey so much easier and more comfortable knowing that I have others who understand and a path of recovery :bird:

1 Like

It sounds to me like you really know what you need to do. You said you weren’t in “recovery” so you know there are things that you could do but weren’t. Take a moment and make a list of those things. You mention a bunch of fellowship programs that you do go to but don’t mention if AA is one of them. Could that be your next step? What about therapy? Do you think you could be honest and open with a therapist? I’m sure they could have good exercises or activities that you could do to work on recovery vs sobriety. What else is there? Is rehab an option? IOP? Ultimately what do YOU think you should do that you haven’t already. I’m sure they came into your thoughts over the last 10 years but you shrugged it off or dismissed it as unnecessary.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

1 Like