Bulimia, drugs and self-harm

Hi there, I’m new here and I’d like to introduce myself.
I’m 26 years old and I’ve been struggling with eating disorders, self-harm and drugs for a long time.
I haven’t touched a single drug in more than 5 years and it’s been 130 days without self-harming, which I am very proud of.
It’s my bulimia that is weighting me down.
I’ve managed to live a normal live for a few months since I’ve worked on my PTBS, my depression and my social anxiety.
But I’m struggling a lot again. I’ve relapsed in the beginning of January and now it seems I can’t get back on track.
I always manage to not struggle on the weekends, but the weekdays really are such a mess.
I am willing to fight and you guys keep me motivated!!
Stay safe and strong xx

7 Likes

Welcome! Stick around and stay involved. This forum has helped me a lot.

1 Like

I think ed can be the hardest to deal with. U have to face eating 3 times a day. Stay safe and strong right back at you!

2 Likes

Hey there! I have anorexia and bulimia and I find it incredibly difficult to kick. I’m 48 and have been struggling with it since the age of 13. I’ve been in treatment a few times. I just recently relapsed after 30 days, I was so disappointed in myself. Normally I would keep on going with zero ability to stop. But I actually feel right back on track. Progress!

I realize the desire is within me. I really want this, and as silly as it sounds, I have to just try and actually put in the effort. I always gave into my urges way too easily because my inner voice is a manipulative jerk.

Coming on here and holding myself accountable helps too. I don’t have any words of wisdom as I’m not the best role model, but definitely here in support. I know it can be done if you really want it. There is wonderful support on this forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

4 Likes

As I read your words I kept thinking that some phrases sounded exactly like I could’ve said them.
I know how that manipulative inner jerk voice sounds and how it’s constantly trying to pull you down by giving in.

I’m so glad and proud that you’re on the right path. You deserve to liev without this terrible illness and I wish you all th best!!
Stay safe and thank you for your encouraging words :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So glad you’re here @LisaMaryAppy this is a positive step towards your healing. 2020 is the year of transformative healing❤ !! stay strong, develop some support tools and post here whenever you need! There is help, and you deserve it. Believe that x

1 Like

Same to you and here for support! I like what you said, manipulative inner voice. So true!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words @emc2018, I appreciate that you took the time to read my post.
Stay safe and have a nice day :blush::blush:

1 Like

Welcome! So glad you found the forum. :heart:

1 Like

That’s so true @Misokatsu. You just can’t avoid eating forever, that’s the point.
Thank you :blush::blush:

Thank you @SassyRocks!!
I’m glad to be here and share my journey with such wonderful people!! :blush::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! I’m so excited to share my journey :hugs:

For me knowing that all of you brave people might be going through similar things and emotions, feelings and situations is very helpful. Gives me a very strong feeling of not being alone in this! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Welcome to the group. Thanks for sharing and I’m very uneducated on this topic regarding bulimia. I have someone very close who is struggling with this and I feel helpless. I hope to learn more so thank you for your honesty. Stay strong

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I’m very excited to get to know lots of different and unique people! :hugs:
If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask! :blush: