Calling in sick becuz of my addiction

I called in sick cause I was too high and now I feel super guilty about it. I can’t do this

Uggh, that is an awful space to be in. Are you going to try and stop? I’m glad you’re here, hang in there and take care of yourself.

1 Like

Guilty in calling in sick or being high maybe try a zoom meeting wish you well

1 Like

I definitely want to try and stop, my addiction is causing too many problems

1 Like

Have you tried anything before? This is a good place to start, there’s lots of information for some options.

1 Like

Not anything “formally”. Just trying to be better on my own. But it gets the best of me and I know that I’m an addict

Don’t be afraid to do anything and everything to get yourself better. You can use the little magnifying glass above to search for topics.
Let this be the day you change for the better, my friend!

2 Likes

Have a look in to local narcotics anonymous meetings if there are any in your area at the moment or a zoom meeting like rays suggested. This community and forum is a great place to start though, there is a wealth of information within these pages.
Welcome to the community @User325, what’s your drug of choice if you don’t mind me asking . :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

I drink and then do cocaine

Yeah I just replied on your other thread,are you in the uk? :slight_smile:

I’m not no. In Canada

1 Like

I had the same problem just a different drug. I like opioids. I would get “pill sick” or " dope sick" and miss work. I had some legitimate health issues and eventually received Disability but the shame and guilt was a heavy load when I was working and using and disrespecting my employer. Good luck. It seems like there is a bunch of good people on here. The next time you think about coke try to remember what it leads to …calling in sick and feeling worthless.

1 Like

You can be sober. For me, it became a choice about change. I had to change people, places and things. I had to change the mindset that drinking was an option. I lasted 89 days on my own getting better. Damn near caved on day 90. Sobreity was important, so that day I changed my mindset about using a formal program. 861 days sober…and if something happens I might cave…i 100% gaurantee I will change to ensure a sober life.

2 Likes

I’ve done this so many times, although I islay went to work high with out no sleep. Its horrible, best admit it to your boss first hand they may help you, that’s better than getting the sack. You’d be surprised what help you may receive. Remember its all about courage and admitting. Wish you well bro