Can a sober person take CBD oil?

I just quit my poison, alcohol and weed. I have alcoholics all throughout my family tree and my father is currently drinking himself to death.
I have tried to quit many times, long story short, I have social anxiety, though, I do think most of it was created by the substances I used. I tried CBD oil from a friend, it relaxed me so much, do any of you use it? Would I not be considered sober?

3 Likes

Being as it has no psychoactive effects I’d say, yes you can still consider yourself sober.
It really helps me relax also.

1 Like

I’m just thinking because it’s derived from hemp, it has thc in it, doesn’t it?

If you are buying it from a dispensary, then probably yes.

I order mine from a company called thoughtcl0ud, it’s super high quality, and has no thc.

1 Like

Oh. You’re right. It’s dots t contra. THC. good. I think I’m gonna get some. What brand do you use?

Thank you so much. I’m gonna go check out the website now! :heart:

I use products from this company.
After trying a few different kinds, this company has so far been the only one that really worked for me.

1 Like

Could you tell me which MG you order?

My recovery started off with CBD oil. I hoped it would give me a calming effect. I took a high dose and took alot of it.

It did nothing for me but people swear by it.

Hydration a good daily multivitamin an niacin were things I took in the beginning. Other than hydration I don’t think the rest were that helpful but it made me feel like I was doing something.

Chocolate was a life saver!

6 Likes

Says it still contains thc :frowning: .03 % for the sleep formula. Hmmm

And rest lots of it.

4 Likes

Aw thank you so much for your response.

Chocolate for cravings right? I drank 1-2 bottle of red wine daily(so embarrassing to type that out). I get horrible emotional episodes when I’m detoxing, is that from my body wanting that sugar? I started buying cookies, like Oreos, they help lift my mood. How long do you think my body will crave the sugar for? How was it for you? Th am you in advance.

I dont know how long you will crave it for. I think I ate lots of it for 3 months and yes because of carbs.

A older woman suggested it to me at a meeting. I went with it and it really did work.

2 Likes

And if you talk to most people on here depending on how much you drank sobering up was tough and with some time you will start to feel better.

1 Like

Thank you.

I can’t believe my life came to this, but having alcoholism all through my immediate family, I am not surprised. I remember liking myself before I started drinking at 20, now, I can’t bare to look at myself. So much self loathing, I can’t live like this any longer.

What else has helped you when you get the really bad cravings?

I hate that everyone you go in FL there’s alcohol being sold, all convenience stores and other stores like Walmart and target. It’s much harder seeing the bottles everywhere to stay away from it.

1 Like

I use the full spectrum 750mg higher.
Everything I’ve ordered from there has no thc. I’ve never ordered the sleep formula.

No I just read that all of their spectrum have .03 THC and that the isolate is the only one that doesn’t. Says to be careful if you get drug tested regularly, that the high spectrum formulas, if ingested in large quantities can give you a positive urine test forTHC. The information is in FAQ. I guess I’ll get the isolate. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

1 Like

It’s a process. There are a bunch of people on here with a good deal of sobriety. I also live in Florida and I remember avoiding the liquor aisle like it was haunted.

If you are female reach out to @C-sun, @Sassyrocks, @Meggers and others. They can give you a hand and all come from different methods of recovery.

4 Likes

Also depends on your state. In wisconsin it is illegal to sell CBD with THC. A farmer grew crops for CBD oil. The state tested and said if there is any THC in this we will burn it all down. I use it now and then. Mainly for migraines. I wouldn’t use it if there was any high. Cant afford to lose my job.

1 Like

Thank you so much

Hahaha. That made me laugh. “Like they were haunted”.

1 Like