Can’t sleep, clowns will eat me

Couldn’t sleep last night or relax. Lots going on and busy. A little worried about a trip coming up. Also, I was reading a novel last night and the main characters were drinking martinis. My mind instantly pictured and remembered that cool crisp taste. I stopped reading and faced the truth right away. Never in years has drinking been cool and crisp. I reminded myself of all the bad things and the reality of it. I also focused on how well I have been doing. Anyways, a combo of all the above is why I couldn’t sleep last night. I was supposed to go to my first meeting with a friend on Sunday but plans fell through. I want to try aa but not sure. Will definitely research where meetings will be when I am away in a week. Has anybody tried sobriety sos? Ending on a positive, yes I couldn’t sleep, but I am still getting through today sober and hangover free!

3 Likes

Great job getting through your day sober (and not hungover)! There’s an accupressure point on the midline of your head between your ears basically where a baby’s soft spot would be. Press on that a little before bed. It’s helped me a bit! And I take melatonin every night.

3 Likes