Can you say rough day!

I’ve been sober from alcohol for 8 days now but my new job is testing my patience today… i started a new job which I was super excited for about a week ago and everything that could go wrong is going wrong today… seems I can’t do anything right recently with work and all I want to do is give in, go straight to the bar after work… I’m always such a positive happy person and today isn’t one of them!! Ugh :expressionless:

5 Likes

If you are always a positive and happy person then give yourself a day off and let it all out. Sometimes we put on a mask and even believe ourselves. No one can be happy everyday not even you. Take some time to relax. And don’t take your emotions too personally other people really are annoying.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Stay mindful, you’ve done 8 days, drinking will make you feel like shit, big time. What you’re feeling now will pass, it might seem huge but in the grand scheme of things its no big deal.

3 Likes

It’s OK to have an off day. It’s not OK to act out by drinking because you’ve had a bad day. There are no answers or relief at the bar or the bottom of a bottle. Do the best you can do and know that at 8 days in your body is in an adjustment phase. Your emotions may be more intense as your body and brain begin to heal from the abuse. Stay the course. Don’t sacrifice what you want long term for what you want now. It’s just not worth it.

4 Likes

Day one at new job always sucks. Be patient, go for walk during lunch, take time to refocus. It will be ok.

3 Likes

You are still new at the job. If these are honest mistakes, a certain amount should be expected. I’ve been in sales for 22 years, 8 in my current industry, and am 4.5 months with my current company… and I make mistakes every day. I have found the best approach to be ownership: own the mistake, gratefully accept correction. Seek guidance regularly. Soon you’ll be a pro.

“It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.”

— Miyamoto Musashi

6 Likes

I loved this!! Thanks :pray:

1 Like

@Ark thanks so much and the hangovers as I get older dont get better :expressionless:

1 Like

@crystalclear thank you sooo much for your kind words and I just talked and vented with a good friend and family and that got me through the day! :pray:

1 Like

@Rob68 thanks a bunch for that advice tomorrow on lunch I’ll leave the office and won’t feel so much pressure🙌

1 Like

Go kick some ass today. It will be much better than yesterday.

1 Like