Cannabis work conference

I work in cannabis. I’ve never had an issue with cannabis, alcohol has been my doc. However, I am going on a 4 day cannabis retreat for work. I am extremely nervous that I might consume out of boredom which may lead me to drink. Any pointers on how I can avoid temptation?

I found a gym nearby and plan on working out in the morning before breakfast and at night after dinner to avoid social gatherings.

1 Like

Just relax and be you and do you. Dont worry what others think. Surround urself with those you feel connect with your lifestyle. Dont be a follower be a leader.

4 Likes

Working out sounds like a good plan. Taking walks is good as well. Excusing yourself and heading back to your room to chill would also work.

2 Likes

Do you ever use weed here and there ? I find that when I do it makes me very calm and not want to drink at all . Even tho overall I stay away from it because I get so calm I’m like anti social lol . So when I do I tend to do it only before bed if that . Also your job sounds really cool . I think you have a good master plan

1 Like

The op said it might lead them to drink, I assume based on past personal experience. Not the best suggestion to use other addictive substances to help with another addiction without a physician involved anyhow…

1 Like

Quick update: day 1 drinks and tons of smoking. I managed to avoid temptation but it is tough while networking. Today is talks all day followed by parties.

Also, my room has a full bar and the gift bag is all cannabis treats. I am trying to ignore it all.

Good luck friend. Maybe hit up the gym or pool at the hotel and get a nice sweat going- natural endorphin rush to combat the cravings? Or take a long walk outside, listen to some AA or NA speaker tapes on youtube or a speaker app… make it a vacation for your badass healthy self at least to some degree mentally and/or physically. And keep up the great work watching after your mind and body like they’re the only ones you got :wink:

1 Like

Call the concierge of the hotel and ask for the bar to be removed and give the gift bag away to someone.

:sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Had them remove everything. Went to the store picked up waters and fruits to snack on. Headed to a networking event but feeling confident in my sobriety.

9 Likes

Yes!! Well done!!!

1 Like

This just made me smile , happy for you .

Day 2 done. Couldn’t agree more about consuming, feel like I’m connecting more with people and building my network. At past conferences I would be drunk and embarrassing myself and attending breakfast hungover. I like this sober feeling.

Day 3/final day today. Almost there.

3 Likes

Weird night. A lot of drinking at the closing ceremony as well as smoking. Avoided it, my partner was nearby at a party and I joined them. They had been drinking for a bit which they neglected to tell me until I arrived. Everyone was wasted and I found myself playing putt putt in the back yard. Headed back to my hotel now. Sober day 26.

1 Like

Sounds like getting home will be a good thing. Glad you are sober!!