Can't feel my heart beat

Ha I know this sounds ridiculous but usually i can hear my heart pound but today i can’t feel it i am on bp tablets i have anxiety problems so i suppose your not meant to feel it beat sorry everyone if im being stupid x

1 Like

If your breathing your alive n well. If u had a cardiac arrest you would know for sure…irregular heart beats is another health condition but its still working. Your causing yourself so much anxiety with health issues. There are people out there living with worse conditions then you and are told they will only have months to live. They live life to the fullest everyday no matter the odds and some acually beat the odds. Just get outside, read a book,listen to music and relax live life sober a day at a time.

6 Likes

Have you considered you might be a vampire? I would check for bite marks

2 Likes

Not helpful!!!

1 Like

I was just joking! I meant no offense. I actually used to have the exact same anxiety and try to find my pulse in my earlier days of sobriety. Sometimes it felt like I was having a heart attack. After having it a bunch of times I came to realize that it was not actually life threatening, just felt really scary. I’m sure you will be okay! As long as don’t have any pain or numbness in your arm, that’s usually a sign of a heart attack. What was cause it for me was undiagnosed celiacs disease. It stopped since I’ve stopped eating gluten. Best of luck

1 Like

I’ve got celiac disease too sorry msybe i was just over sensitive i don’t follow my diet properly like i should be doing but im trying too. Thanks x

1 Like

One time I woke up early in the morning and my whole left side was in incredible pain. I put my fingers to my neck and couldn’t feel a pulse. I was freaking out and called 911. They asked me some questions and as I woke up more I realized that I had just slept on my arm wrong. I found my pulse but it was too late, they had already sent an EMS to come to my house. When they got there I felt so embarrassed. They checked me over and I kept apologizing for wasting their time. If someone else needed them they would have had to wait til the EMT’s got done with my sorry ass. I’m a relatively healthy dude, not overweight or have any history of heart problems besides a slight murmur when I was a kid.
Not sure why I shared this, maybe it’ll get a laugh I guess.

5 Likes

You are probably used to living with tachycardia (high Heart Rate) or arrythmias (palpitations). So when they have reduced you dont feel them and it seems weird. The good news is, not feeling your heart beat is totally normal. If you can it normally just means its working harder or faster. Palpitations are unusual beats so they also stand out.

If you feel dizzy, over tired or lightheaded then that can be a sign your blood pressure meds are doing a bit too much. If that happens then dont panic, have a rest, call your doc to let them know and see whether they want to see you and take a BP reading.

Short answer: not feeling it is probably a good thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed! :+1:

1 Like