Cant make it to day one

The title says it all
But im trying again today

9 Likes

Do you have a game plan?

2 Likes

I can’t either. But I’m going to start over. I want a better life for myself and I’ll admit here and now that this isn’t easy. I keep messing up but I’m going to try again. I have a sponsor and I told her what happened today. She told me to get to a meeting. I did. I’ll do anything she says. I have to do this. I’ll make it happen.
Hang in there. Take it easy and slow. And don’t beat yourself up over it. This is one of the hardest things we will ever do. But we can do it. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I couldn’t make it pass day 2 or 3 for the longest and I’m on day 27 now. Everyone is diffrent on how to stay sober. I used this group alot and asked alot of questions. I also admitted I am an alcoholic and I cant just have 1 or 2 beers, I also learned from this group I’m not alone. I still stay busy by cleaning, cooking, watching TV, and collecting sports cards. You guys aren’t alone and reach out to somebody. Noone is going to judge you, we have alot of knowledge in this group.

6 Likes

Yup. Easy does it, but do it.
Keep listening to your sponsor.
You got this.

2 Likes

What happens to prevent you from making it to day one?
It’s possible if it’s substance withdrawal you may need a medical detox.

I still can’t make it to day one and now I got myself into real trouble. I got my first DUI yesterday. I’m so ashamed of myself and so scared. I called a few women in AA. I told them what happened. I couldn’t lie. I didn’t want to. They took me to a meeting. They told me I wasn’t alone. I’m going to try to move forward from this. I’ll do whatever I need to get to tomorrow. So now I’m reaching out and reading AA literature. I’ll check in tomorrow too. Its a new day.

6 Likes

For a few weeks I couldn’t make it past day three… Now I am approaching a year. It’s all about mentality. When you are mentally there, relasping won’t even be a thing because you will never want to go back to where you are.
Keep coming back

4 Likes

I’m here on day 2…for the millionth time. But, I’m not giving up and I hope you don’t either! You can do it. This is a great place to come for motivation. Good luck to you. This might be the time it sticks!

1 Like

How’s everybody doing on here??? :slight_smile:
:honeybee:

1 Like

Hi Betterbee. I was just reading this thread. I’m here starting day 3. How have you been holding up so far?

1 Like

Yeah how are YOU doing?. I manage about 4/5 days then hit the drink again. Did manage 28 days last year doing sober October then my boyfriend at the time who was also an alcoholic let me down spectacularly and I was right back on it. Been trying again since January 1st. Keep trying and retrying. But haven’t managed more than a 5 day stretch yet

1 Like

I’m doing okay for the most part! I have some good days and some bad days but thats all apart of life and coping with it. Today makes 15 days sober! And going through my emotions has been rough. Sometimes, i just devolve into this crying, sobbing mess. But crying is good, it gets it out of us. It will get better :smile: how are you doing??? :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

3 Likes

Its hard especially if something in your life is triggering you to drink. I’ve had that happen and that’s why I kept relapsing. I had to rewire my brain and break the habit of constantly going back to the bottle if anything didn’t go my way.
I had to remove myself from a toxic situation in order to get a new perspective on it. I still have a lot of issues to sift through but I’ll figure it out. As long as I don’t pick up that first drink! But how are you doing? I’ve found with me, replacing drinking with something else is good way to cope. And change our habits! Its a bitch at first, but it worked for me :slight_smile:
:honeybee::honeybee::honeybee: stay strong guys!!!