Card Messages

@aircircle and I have been sharing daily card messages and I thought this would be a great place to share great messages with others! :heart:

Here is the card I pulled last night:

25 Likes

I pulled this one this morning. Very appropriate for me and anyone digging into themselves, working steps, exploring inner pain.

10 Likes

This is tonights card :heart:

12 Likes

One of the many reasons I have had to distance myself from my family emotionally.

Also, this sounds silly but your thumb nail looks gorgeous! Do you take specific supplement and what’s your nail care regime? :wink:

3 Likes

Lol, thank you! My sister and I were blessed with naturally good nails. When I play guitar I have to cut them all super short and I’m such a girl about it sometimes lol! That nail is my shortest, I’m horrible at keeping them all the same length

3 Likes

I took a biotin supplement for my hair a few years ago and as a “side effect” my nails grew super fast and thick. My girlfriend at the time said I had better nails than she did. :thinking: Maybe try that lol

2 Likes

Today 2 cards jumped out:

9 Likes

The first one. Surrender your need to be right.
Since stopping drinking I’ve noticed I no longer need to control situations. A couple of times I have noticed I’ve let something go where in the past I would have been more controlling. If you see what I mean.

5 Likes

Today’s

11 Likes

Todays card

10 Likes

10 Likes

I have a question about this. I’ll preface it by admitting my assumption could be incorrect at its core. It’s been my experience that many women will try to train or shape, mold or change their man into a person they would like them to be, instead of seeking out a person who fits their idea of who the they want to be with. I assume men do this to but im asking in reference to my experiences. So, why does this happen?

2 Likes

Honestly, the first thing that comes to my mind now is for me I didn’t know who I was or what I wanted in my life so I’ve been trying things and finding out what did and didn’t work. Live and learn really!

Everyone is different, for me I didn’t usually seek this trait out. I often grew and they didn’t grow with me-so I would try to pull them along. Doesn’t work. People change too as time goes on-as you discover yourself sometimes you want to hold that other person next to you so you push it on them. Doesn’t work. A few times I did start out wanting to help them in that manner but that’s a terrible premise for a relationship I quickly learned! Lol. Other times I just held on to the wrong type of relationship too long and it got bitter. And others, they pretended to be someone in the beginning they absolutely aren’t so you ask for that person back. There’s various ways it can happen.

Haha, sooooooo all I really have for romantic relationships is what hasn’t worked and that’s been a part of it!

My next one where I will know who I am and what I want in my life, I hope for a much different outcome. It would have to mesh insanely well as we both are for me to even attempt again, otherwise we would run into that exact problem again on one side or another. True compatiblity is important!

1 Like

Thank You for taking the time to answer this question. It makes sense, your perspective, and as you’ve stated Im sure there are many reasons. Im married for 17 years and at times this question arises. I’ve never been able to even fathom a guess. I hope you find that good match, until then, live on. Be well.

1 Like

In super simple terms, I was always asking them to change something when really it was me that needed changing.

1 Like

Many years ago I made a decision… I wanted to know what a healthy, loving relationship really felt like. Nothing came naturally to me & my alcoholic relationship patterns sucked. So I decided to do the exact opposite of my first instincts. And that’s exactly what finally worked. I didn’t want to ‘mother’ my husband. I resisted the urge to nit pick, fight over insignificant things, to keep score, to bring up the past, to carry a grudge, to throw him under the bus, to embarrass him in public, to impose my will, to shout, cry, be dramatic, correct him or admonish him…

… So I did the opposite. I placed him first, before our child, work, house, friends or family. I served him, helped him, worked with him instead of against him, greeted him with a hug & kiss, thanked him, praised him, consulted him before making joint plans, I asked for his opinion often, made him feel sexy, made sure he knew I was so proud of him & never turned him down :wink: It was a conscious decision that turned into 2nd nature.

And it worked! The beautiful, unexpected benefit… how he started treating me… he began to reciprocate. Slowly, naturally & intentionally he began to treat me the very same way…and still does to this day.

Relationships to me are exactly like getting sober… once I stopped fighting it & worked with it… it blossomed :heart:

7 Likes

He is a lucky man!!

3 Likes

Great thread idea. Thank you!!

I keep cards on our kitchen counter and love their wisdom. This week…

6 Likes

@SassyRocks you stole our countertop & Backsplash :joy: good taste :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Too funny! Great minds…blah blah blah! :palm_tree::palm_tree:

2 Likes