CBD oil for alcohol abuse

Hello, Has anybody tried this to help quit alcohol or deal with anxiety that leads to excessive drinking? I just got some I’m going to trial taking today.
Thank you

2 Likes

It helps me with anxiety

3 Likes

Awesome I just got the 2500 mg which I think is the lowest dose to start. Glad to know it works for you

1 Like

I ordered and will be trying for the first time this week. I’m excited as I’ve heard many positive reviews so we shall see!

1 Like

does your doc prescribe this? Just asking because in England it’s totally illegal, it’s a shame, because when it’s not abused it can help a lot of people. I know in certain parts of the state’s it’s prescribed but I didn’t know they give it for anxiety as well? And good luck, hope it works got you

1 Like

CBD oil is legal in the UK. You can buy it online or in some chemists, vape shops if you vape or in “smartshops”. Holland and Barratt sell it too I think.

If there’s no THC content it’s legal.

3 Likes

oh is it, I thought anything cannabis related was a no no over here, thats good to know, cheers

It’s illegal here in Canada…at the moment. So yes, you need a prescription. I just spoke with my doctor about getting one and he seemed to think I should just wait until July 1st when pot becomes legal and then I should be able to by it then. We’ll see.

I’m hoping to try is soon for this. Currently I use Ativan in big anxiety situations (FLYING!!) but I don’t want to take something so addictive. So far my doc says it okay because he only prescribes me a few tablets every year or two so I could never get addicted to it with those numbers (and you can’t get narcotics from a walk-in so I can only get it from him) but I’d still rather try a different option.

1 Like

I bought cbd gummy bears. I have 10mg ones and 25mg ones. Have not tried thd oil yet but plan to.

I just got it in a health food store, it is very expensive but then so is alcohol

You can also get hemp oil but I think that’s mainly for hair/nails

Ive tried CBD oil and it did improve anxiety. Magnesium really has been a huge game changer for me. Most peoole are deficient and it improves my sleep so much! I did 30 days without drinking and took magnesium everyday and believe it really helped!!!

2 Likes

I’ve heard many people suggest magnesium. I have a bottle but I don’t take it regularly . I should!!

2 Likes

Yes totally! for example yesterday I was laying in bed feeling awful having extreme anxiety and nauseated. I forced myself to eat something and take my magnesium as I didnt take it for a week. In one hour my mood was improved and I was able to get alot done. There j s a bunch of articlkes online of the bendfits especially for recovery. Hope it helps!!!

1 Like

I take the CBD oil for anxiety. Seems to help some.

2 Likes

I’m going to look into this too

I’m from Canada and you can buy it in the malls and in alot of stores without a prescription and I actually get mine from a pet store that sells excellent grade cbd oil for dogs but obviously it’s human grade…

Well all I know is I drank everyday and took Xanax every morning I started taking CBD pills 10 mg in the morning and I haven’t had a drink in 21 days and I quit the Xanax and I feel great!!!

4 Likes

That’s interesting…since a google search told me it wasn’t available and my doctor told me a prescription would be needed.