Celebrating 40 days!

Hi everybody! Today I’m 40 days sober! I can’t even remember last time I was sober for so long. Maybe in my teens and now I’m 43! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and keeping strong! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

11 Likes

Congratulations with that!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m also very proud because I’ve celebrated at the pub! A coke and a lime and soda for me, while my husband was having his beers. I don’t need to avoid the places I like and it feels good!

1 Like

That is amazing!
That is also something I need to learn to do. I was sober for four years before, but this time around I have learned that it was because I never allowed myself to be in situations such as the one you just described. I was sober, but also antisocial and didn’t have many friends. I understand now that it is important to have a plan in place, instead of just swinging blindly.

I’ve started by telling myself aloud “I don’t drink.” I love the way it sounds. It’s definitely something to be proud of.

2 Likes

Last year I did Dry July and my goal was just 30 days. During that month I felt a bit angry and sad when my friends were going out. I tried to avoid social events. This time is different because I don’t have a time goal. It’s simply my new life and I just want to live it normally. Just avoiding the drink. :wink:

2 Likes

I love the way you think :yellow_heart::blush:

1 Like

Ahhh it’s such a lovely feeling being free isn’t it embrace it and remember to work on yourself daily

2 Likes

you are perfectly right! we must never forget why we have started this journey!

1 Like

Hey, congrats! I’m happy for you and have a lovely rest of your weekend!

Congrats on 40 days. What I’ve learnt about this addiction with me it’s all about the right mindset. The mind can play tricks on you but so can you set your mind into not drinking. Well done and keep on doing what you are doing. It works for you. Happy Sunday :bouquet:

I hear you there…amazing how we can add up those days after so many years of just thoughtlessly drinking away! Fantastic job on your 40 days!!!