Changing my life wanting what you have to offer

Want to change my life for the better and need help and to be checked on so I don’t check out

14 Likes

Welcome! This is a great place to reach out when you’re struggling. Sobriety can be a challenge, especially at first, but we’re all here together.
Glad you’re here too!

2 Likes

That’s a good start Robert. Welcome here. It’s a great place for support and accountability. No one can do it alone. Together we’re strong and together we can make it. Read (there’s a huge body of knowledge here), post, comment, support, be supported. Glad you’re here with us!

3 Likes

Welcome! Best way to be checked on might be to check in. Maybe try this post out on the daily and stay in touch with some folks?

Checking in daily to maintain focus #19

5 Likes

So
1, Join a sober community :heavy_check_mark:
2, read and read and read all the advice you can find on said sober community, using the search options.
3, Formulate, in writing if desired, a plan of action moving forward.
4, continue to interact on a daily basis with sober community whilst actively utilising tools and advice given.
Crack on!
Welcome bud, you have come to the right place to change your life.
Stick around!

9 Likes

Hey Robert keep connected, keep reading keep sharing ,and stay sober ,your well on ya way ,the more you get involved the more you get known and ppl get to know you and your story the more support can be given.welcome friend.

1 Like

People aren’t going to put more work in to your sobriety than you. I see you posted and haven’t come back since. You’ll probably never read this so I’m not going to waste my time.

2 Likes

I do I just bit off too much to handle with some jobs but I’m back

2 Likes

I work harder than ever today I hurt my pain but I know I don’t want to use my actions today I’m different I would feel about this program is different everything I got to do is different cuz I cannot get complacent I can’t do it without you guys

2 Likes

Then stick around, do ya time here where ya gonna get support, I talk to lots of ppl that are doing 14/15/16 hour days but they still make the time to come on here chat share help whatever this is a no excuse program,

1 Like

I’m doing bedroom better everyday with my sobriety and being sober I write down I do the steps and I read a lot of you guys keep me clean and sober

5 Likes

Welcome Buddy…it’s scary and sometimes reading our stories make you come to a full rush grip that you actually have a problempend the time you need to explore e

1 Like

Good man! :facepunch:

1 Like

Keep going fella! We are here with you comrade :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Ultimately it is you that keeps your self clean and sober :trophy:… Your doing all the work :blush:

2 Likes

A little bit

1 Like

What should I start reading or working on?

1 Like

Thank you means alot… Im at a meeting rn I walk across the street to get a drink and walking back across I see these two homeless guys smokeing and drinking I got the really bad feeling and wanted to talk to them but I didn’t I walk right past and then called my sponsor

3 Likes

I found AA’s, the Big Book very helpful. I don’t actually have much to do with the meeting and steps side of it but the book was really helpful.

2 Likes

I sit here everyday I read most as I can from you guys I push hard I try to keep myself focused and keep working so I don’t get too complacent in my head and take myself out it’s not actually nice to sit back and hear the birds chirp and watch the grass grow

1 Like