Changing My perspective

Yesterday was the first day all this year that everyone was outside at the park, it was 72 and I couldn’t wait to get out with my boyfriend and enjoy the fresh air.

I often get nervous to go out because almost 30 days ago I was drinking to function and smoking weed to stay sane. My boy and I got into a little bicker of a conversation before leaving our apartment and BOOM :boom: I was already feeling triggered.

Mustering up some fake happiness I went on to the park with him. There was so many people at the park with their kids, dogs, and the smell of weed was in the air.:unamused:

I’m not going to lie, I love the smell. I found the smell triggering in the way that typically on a nice day I would find myself smoking a pen or a blunt to enjoy said nice day, Yesterday I didn’t have that…

I told my boyfriend my wants and wishes for a glass of wine or just a puff but this morning I realized something. Just as I miss these things I also loath them. Both of these addictions landed me in jail, I lost friends, and I am still mending relationships with my family. Now I can’t miss those things today. For every good moment was 3,600 bad days. Today I don’t have to apologize for actions from last night, Today I can apply for that job I couldn’t get last month because I’m clean. Today is a good day. Keep going, you’ve got this.:heart:

10 Likes

Welcome! That wanting and not wanting, is so damn tiring. When I totally, down to my soul, knew I wanted no more of it, it was a total weight off my shoulders.
Here is a thread of resources
Welcome to the forum! 2022
Almost a month is so good! :relaxed:

1 Like

This time of year when you get some lovely days after a long winter can be very triggering. I do hope you enjoyed the park, and congrats on 30 days. It gets easier ODAAT.

1 Like

Thank you Both! Happy to be here.

Welcome to the forum. What a great first post. Thank you for sharing. I’m so happy for you that you’ve reached this point in your life. Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank u so much😊 liking the community here so far as I read from others.

1 Like