Checking in as often as I have to to NOT RELAPSE!

Yeah that’s why I was checking in. While I’m scared, the rational side of my brain is saying “they took you in, they don’t want your money (I asked if I could pay them rent, they said no), and they are the parents of your ex boyfriend. Why are doing this?” And then I think, “they must see something I can’t, holy crap” like what a weird situation! But there it is. Maybe there IS something to all of this!

3 Likes

Good on you. I’ve done 4 nights after 14 years of drinking. My body is hurting and in melt down but coming on here is really helping me… do it for good this time… you can do it!!

7 Likes

Im at one week after 14months sober then a little lapse. I never thought id get any where near 14months but once I got into good routines and stayed out of places where I might be too tempted (unless I definitely had to be there) then it wasn’t as hard as I had expected. X keep safe love Rick

4 Likes

Wow 14 months is amazing!! Now you know you can do it and I know that if you can do it I can too :blush:… the complacency is the hard part as I’ve fell down there many times. Ah it’s ok… I’ll just drink tonight… bit that turns into weeks of drinking until I get so smashed… I realise I’m back on that same place again. I really don’t want to go back there again. Keep going Rick… we can do it!!

2 Likes

This morning the sun is up, im smiling good feeling for what will be the outcome . Later on i will atending AA Meeting . I do belive in a higher power than my addictions. To day i shall not drink no matter what !! Im thankful for a secound chance to live my life as i want it .for that i am responsible and im responsible for all my actions. Happy sober day and Smile . :slight_smile::slight_smile:

6 Likes

The sun is up here too… really makes a difference to the mood. Good luck.

1 Like

In the train to work right now. Lucky me it is already late at it is not very crowded - anxiety level quite high anyway. But I am happy that I made myself go to the office.
Have a nice and sober 24 hours everyone.

4 Likes

Thank u guys :slight_smile: positivity hell yes ! I do like snow but sun is more refreshing and loving !! So much to be happy for , and its still early here so it only can get better :icecream::icecream::icecream::coffee::apple:

2 Likes

Help. On my way home from work now. And as the day was really busy and I need to buy some food- cravings and the urge to buy two bottles of wine is just killing right now. Not yet at the store…
Any recommendations to NOT buy alcohol?
Maybe already writing here helps me not to give in😉
UPDATE:
did not buy any alhocol … I am kinda proud :blush::muscle:

6 Likes

Congrats man

1 Like

Yay! Good for you! Celebrate by doing something for you! My boss always said "you should reward yourself with something small, like chocolate, for doing good. And then it trains your brain to crave something besides alcohol and releases good endorphins"
Maybe I should give that a try! Oh still day 4!!! One day at a time! :blush:

6 Likes

Cherry cheese cake last night lol! Now I had a slim fast shake! Hope I don’t get too fat! Oh well

Checking in at 25days 17hours 39minutes. Feeling like my will to stay sober is slipping. Stress and PTSD shit is overwhelming me again and my brain just wants to get high. Not sleeping well at night needing naps in the day and having day terrors…fml. Fighting everyday with myself to keep away from caving. But I am struggling. Peace to you all I hope you are all doing well x 🕇

8 Likes

Stay strong! Don’t give in! I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. But you can stay sober through it. You can.

1 Like

Thanks girl. Holding on. X

1 Like

Hey girl-

I’ve been absent from the forum for a while…been trying some different tactics with my sobriety. I just read through all of your posts on this thread - I am SO PROUD of you. It actually brought a tear of joy to my eye, seeing how fired up u have been and passionate about the new direction you’ve taken. U know to expect bumps along the way, we all encounter them. U also know you’ve made it past them before and can do it again. Stay focused on where you are heading and what you want to achieve and u will get through the struggle you are encountering.

6 Likes

Thanks @Spartan_Chris! Good to hear from you. Was nice to see a little message from you. I know I can do it. I just feel like I cant. And I’m learning to trust what I know and not what I feel. I guess sitting with uncomfortable feelings is not always easy. Just gta ride the waves ay. Thanks for the support! Glad u are doing well!

1 Like

Just think i went thru that frustation of sleep for 2 months until i found peace… you can do it gurl. You have come this far why ever look back! It will pass i promise you!

1 Like

Thanks @Donnie_Spiering. Means alot Thanks for the support man. I’m almost at 1 month thats whats keeping me going. I’ve never been a month sober. I know I can do it. Just a down lul. Everyones support is helping heaps so thank U!

2 Likes

If you think you can, or think you can’t, you are correct on both accounts. You’ve proven you can put one sober day after another. So why don’t you think you can add another day? It’s the dying desperate gasp of your addiction that is using the only weapon it has left: doubt. Stay strong, and let the addiction die. There’s no place in your life for it.

5 Likes